As we previously reported, Samsung today unveiled its flagship smartphones, the Samsung Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 + and Galaxy S21 Ultra. You can read about the bigger model in this article, and this one is dedicated to the Samsung Galaxy S21 and Galaxy S21 +.
The Samsung Galaxy S21 smartphone received an AMOLED 2X screen with a diagonal of 6.2 inches and FHD + resolution with an adaptive image refresh rate from 48 to 120 Hz. The Galaxy S21 + has the same screen but measures 6.7-inches.
Like the bigger version, the Galaxy S21 Ultra, both smartphones use Qualcomm’s new ultrasonic fingerprint sensor for fingerprint recognition, which has 1.7 times the area and is faster.
The Samsung Galaxy S21 and Galaxy S21 + get 8GB of RAM or 256GB of flash storage. The front camera of both smartphones is 10-megapixel, the main camera has 12 megapixel wide-angle and ultra-wide-angle sensors, as well as a 64-megapixel telephoto.
Gizchina News of the week
The camera has an 8K Snap mode (taking pictures from 8k video), an improved Super steady stabilization mode, a new Director’s View function, and recording on multiple microphones. The Pro Video mode on the Galaxy 521 is compatible with Galaxy Buds Pro headphones (sold separately), allowing you to record both background sounds and your own voice to the microphones of both devices.
The battery capacity of the Samsung Galaxy S21 and Galaxy S21 + is 4000 and 4800 mAh, there is no charger in the kit. Both models are equipped with stereo speakers and are IP68 rated.
Samsung Galaxy S21 5G and Galaxy S21+ 5G specifications
- S21 — 6.2-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED Display, 421 PPI, Adaptive 120Hz refresh rate (48 – 120Hz), up to 1300 nits brightness, Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- S21+ — 6.7-inch FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED Display, 394 PPI, Adaptive 120Hz refresh rate (48 – 120Hz), up to 1300 nits brightness, Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 2100 processor
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB/256GB storage
- Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- Single / Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, OIS; 12MP Ultra Wide sensor, f/2.2 aperture; 64MP Telephoto lens with f/2.0 aperture, 3x hybrid zoom, 30X space zoom, OIS, 4K 60 fps, 8K 30fps
- 10MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Water resistant (IP68)
- S21 Dimensions: 151.7 x 71.2 x 7.9mm; Weight: 171g (mmWave), 169g (sub6)
- S21+ Dimensions: 161.4 x 75.6 x 7.8mm; Weight: 202g(mmWave), 200g(sub6)
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, UWB (S21+), GPS + GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4000mAh (S21) / 4800mAh (S21+) battery with 25W fast charging, 15W Qi wireless charging
The Samsung Galaxy S21 5G comes in Phantom White, Phantom Grey, Phantom Pink and Phantom Violet colours; and the Galaxy S21+ 5G comes in Phantom Violet, Phantom Silver and Phantom Black colours.
Pricing and availability
- Galaxy S21 5G 8GB + 128GB – $799.99 / €849 / £769
- Galaxy S21 5G 8GB + 256GB – $849.99 / €899 / £819
- Galaxy-S21+ 5G 8GB + 128GB – $999.99 / €1049 / £949
- Galaxy S21+ 5G 8GB + 256GB – $1049.99/ €1099 / £999
These will go on pre-order starting today, January 14th and will be available from January 29th in several countries.