It’s worth starting with the fact that in most of the markets, Samsung Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 + and Galaxy S21 Ultra smartphones are equipped with the Exynos 2100 SoC announced this week, and not Snapdragon 888, as in some other countries. This article is entirely dedicated to the top model Galaxy S21 Ultra.
The smartphone received a Dynamic AMOLED 2X screen with a diagonal of 6.8 inches with a QHD + resolution and an adaptive image refresh rate from 10 to 120 Hz, its brightness reaches 1500 cd / m 2. This is the first Galaxy S smartphone to support the S Pen stylus, users will get the standard version of the electronic pen and the S Pen Pro with Bluetooth air gesture support will be available for purchase separately. The screen has Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection. Samsung has used a new ultrasonic fingerprint sensor for user recognition that has 1.7 times the area and responds faster.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra is equipped with a 5000 mAh battery and support for fast charging, which allows you to recharge the battery up to 50% in half an hour. As expected, the charger will no longer be included in the package, as well as headphones.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra camera
Moving on to the cameras, the front one here received a sensor with a resolution of as much as 40 megapixels, the main camera has four sensors. Samsung claims this is the best camera ever. The wide-angle module has a resolution of 108 megapixels, the ultra-wide-angle module has a 12-megapixel sensor. The camera offers 64 times richer colors and three times the dynamic range of the S20 Ulta. It is also possible to create 12-6 bit RAW files.
Gizchina News of the week
For the first time on a Samsung smartphone, 4K video recording at 60 fps is available with all the main camera modules and the front camera. A very high-quality zoom (100x Space Zoom) is also available. In fact, one module provides 3x optical zoom, and another one provides 10x optical zoom. The rest is digital. It also claims that Bright Night technology on the Galaxy S21 Ultra is Samsung’s biggest breakthrough in night photography.
The smartphone is available in three colors: titanium phantom, blue phantom and bronze phantom. Versions with 12 GB of RAM and 128, 256 or 512 GB are available to users, as well as with 16 GB of RAM and 512 GB of flash memory.
Of course, the smartphone received stereo speakers, NFC, Wi-Fi 6E, IP68 protection, wireless charging and other technologies.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G specifications
- 6.8-inch (3200 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ Infinity-O-Edge Dynamic AMOLED Display, 515 PPI, Adaptive 120Hz refresh rate (10~120Hz), up to 1500 nits brightness, Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 2100 processor
- 12GB / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB/256GB/512GB storage
- Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- 108MP rear camera with ISOCELL HM3 sensor, LED Flash, OIS, f/1.8 aperture, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 10MP Telephoto lens for 3x zoom, OIS, 10MP Periscope lens for 10x zoom, 100x Space Zoom, Laser autofocus sensor, 4K 60 fps, 8K 30fps
- 40MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Water resistant (IP68)
- Dimensions: 165.1 x 75.6 x 8.9 mm; Weight: 228g
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.1, UWB, GPS + GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 5000mAh battery with 25W fast charging, 15W Qi wireless charging
The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G comes in Phantom Silver and Phantom Black colours, but it will also be available in Phantom Titanium, Phantom Navy and Phantom Brown colours in some countries.
Pricing and availability
- Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 12GB + 128GB – $1,199.99 / €1,249 / £1,149
- Galaxy-S21 Ultra 5G 12GB + 256GB – $1249.99 / €1,299 / £1,149
- Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 16GB + 512GB – $1379.99 / €1,429 / £1,329
- S Pen – $39.99
- Silicon Case with S Pen – $69.99
- Smart Clear View Case with S Pen – $89.99
These will go on pre-order starting today, January 14th and will be available from January 29th in several countries.