A well-known network informant under the nickname Ice Universe, who often shares exclusive information about new products in the tech industry, posted a video featuring the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra smartphone.
The video demonstrates the process of unlocking the smartphone using the new ultrasonic fingerprint sensor manufactured by Qualcomm. The insider noted that the scanner works instantly, faster than on all previously released smartphones.
I am surprised that the ultrasonic fingerprint recognition speed of S21 Ultra is beyond my imagination, it beats all optical fingerprint recognition solutions, it is too fast. pic.twitter.com/mC4mjcw8No
— Ice universe (@UniverseIce) January 22, 2021
The Galaxy S21 Ultra’s ultrasonic fingerprint recognition speed is beyond imagination. In fact, the new sensor beats all-optical fingerprint recognition solutions. The scanner is too fast.
The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra uses the latest Qualcomm 3D Sonic Sensor Gen 2 fingerprint scanner, which measures 8 x 8mm compared to 4 x 9mm for the first-generation model. This means that the recognition surface area is increased by 77%. This avoids erroneous touches and also collects more data (1.7x) with each scan. Qualcomm promises that fingerprint scanning to unlock the phone will be 50% faster.
The Samsung Galaxy S21 lineup will go on sale on February 5th.
Gizchina News of the week
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G specifications
- 6.8-inch (3200 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ Infinity-O-Edge Dynamic AMOLED Display, 515 PPI, Adaptive 120Hz refresh rate (10~120Hz), up to 1500 nits brightness, Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 2100 processor
- 12GB / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB/256GB/512GB storage
- Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- 108MP rear camera with ISOCELL HM3 sensor, LED Flash, OIS, f/1.8 aperture, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 10MP Telephoto lens for 3x zoom, OIS, 10MP Periscope lens for 10x zoom, 100x Space Zoom, Laser autofocus sensor, 4K 60 fps, 8K 30fps
- 40MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Water resistant (IP68)
- Dimensions: 165.1 x 75.6 x 8.9 mm; Weight: 228g
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.1, UWB, GPS + GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 5000mAh battery with 25W fast charging, 15W Qi wireless charging
The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G comes in Phantom Silver and Phantom Black colors, but it will also be available in Phantom Titanium, Phantom Navy and Phantom Brown colours in some countries.
Versions with 12 GB of RAM and 128, 256 or 512 GB are available to users, as well as with 16 GB of RAM and 512 GB of flash memory.
Pricing and availability
- Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 12GB + 128GB – $1,199.99 / €1,249 / £1,149
- Galaxy-S21 Ultra 5G 12GB + 256GB – $1249.99 / €1,299 / £1,149
- Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 16GB + 512GB – $1379.99 / €1,429 / £1,329
- S Pen – $39.99
- Silicon Case with S Pen – $69.99
- Smart Clear View Case with S Pen – $89.99