OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro starts getting OxygenOS Open Beta 6 update. The update includes the Android security patch for the month of January 2021. Along with the security patch OxygenOS Open Beta 6 includes a few optimizations and improvements. The new add-ons include Dock, a dashboard that displays various information, including daily steps, screen usage time, etc.
The update also improves the weather app, Gaming space, Gallery app, and Bluetooth transmission speed. OxygenOS Open Beta 6 also fixes the crash issue when you open a drop-down menu of the browser. It also optimizes the user interface of the status bar. Moreover, we have posted the full changelog of the update below.
OxygenOS Open Beta 6 Update Changelog
- Optimized the UI display of the status bar
- Improved stability of frame rate and the experience when playing games
- Optimized the interface of the Community homepage and make notifications more eye-catching
- Fixed the crash issue where the drop-down menu of Browser
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.01
- Newly added Dock, a dashboard that displays various information, including daily steps, screen usage time, etc.
- Optimized weather animation effects to improve fluency
Gizchina News of the week
- Optimized animations for sunny and cloudy days for a clearer dynamic display
- Fixed the issue where notifications could not be turned off in the game in some cases
- Optimized the layout of the cloud service interface in the Gallery for a better operation experience
- Improved the transmission rate of Bluetooth when connecting watches
Note: It’s important to tell you that the Open Beta versions might have some bugs and issues. So keep this thing in mind before installing the OxygenOS Open Beta 6 on your OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro.
The company has rolling out the update in many regions in a phased manner. So the users who have installed the beta versions on their OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro will get the update. If the update notification has not appeared on your smartphone, don’t panic it will reach you in few days. Moreover, you can check it manually by going through the settings>software updates.
We also recommend that before starts installing the update you must recharge your OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro up to 50% at least.