Last night, the DxOMark laboratory published a review of the main camera of the OnePlus 8T smartphone, which was rated at 111 points. This allowed the smartphone to take only 47th place in the ranking, behind not only the OnePlus 8, but also the OnePlus 7.
OnePlus 8T received 115 points for photo quality, 102 points for video, and 52 points for zoom capabilities.
The main camera module is capable of capturing decent images and video clips as long as you stay out of low light. The lack of a dedicated tele-camera means it’s best to stick with a small zoom to avoid losing too much detail. The ultra-wide-angle camera is not bad, but the noise and image artifacts mean it won’t be suitable for image quality perfectionists. The video has good stabilization but suffers from sudden focus changes.
Earlier, the CEO of OnePlus confirmed that the company is investing huge resources in improving the cameras of its smartphones. Recently it became known that Hasselblad specialists are involved in the creation of the OnePlus 9 camera. The corresponding announcement is expected on March 8.
- Good exposure in most conditions
- Wide depth of field keeps backgrounds sharp
- Good depth estimation in bokeh shots
- Effective video stabilization in bright light and indoor conditions
- Well-controlled noise in indoor and outdoor videos
- Color casts and inaccurate color rendering in photo and video, especially in low light
- Limited dynamic range
- Strong noise, especially in low light
- Strong loss of detail and noise in medium- and long-range tele shots
- Focus instabilities in low light and abrupt focus transitions
- Noise in low-light videos
OnePlus 8T specifications
- 6.55-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 402 ppi 20:9 Fluid AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR 10+, 1100 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with OxygenOS 11
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, OIS + EIS Hybrid stabilization, 16MP 116° ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, Sony IMX481 sensor, 5MP 3cm macro camera, 2MP depth sensor, 4K video at 60fps, 720p slow motion at 480fps, 1080p slow motion at 240fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.45 aperture, EIS
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 160.7×74.1×8.4mm; Weight: 188g
- USB Type-C audio, Dual Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with Warp Charge 65 Fast Charging (10V/6.5A)