Huawei today officially unveiled its new Huawei Mate 40E smartphone, which will join the Mate 40, Mate 40 Pro, Mate 40 Pro + and Mate 40 RS Porsche Design models.
The new Mate 40E smartphone has almost the same specifications as the standard version of the Mate 40. The main difference is the Kirin 990E 5G SoC used, while the Mate 40 is equipped with the Kirin 9000E SoC.
That is, this is the most affordable version of the Huawei Mate 40, which is available with 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of flash memory for $ 700 and with 8/256 GB of storage for $ 780. Acceptance of pre-orders has already begun, and sales in China will start on March 18th.
The smartphone is equipped with a 6.5-inch screen with a resolution of 2376 x 1080 pixels, which supports an image refresh rate of 90 Hz and a sampling rate of the touch layer of 240 Hz. It has Bluetooth 5.2, GSM, HSPA, LTE, 5G, WiFi 6+ and NFC modules.
The main camera uses image sensors with a resolution of 64, 16 and 8 megapixels, the front camera is 13 megapixel. The 4200 mAh battery supports 40-watt charging.
HUAWEI Mate 40E specifications
- 6.5-inch (2376 x 1080 Pixels) FHD+ OLED display,90 Hz refresh rate
- HUAWEI Kirin 990E 5G (x x Cortex-A76 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 2.36 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.95GHz GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G76 GPU, Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs (Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB RAM, 128GB / 256GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with NM memory card
- Android 10 with EMUI 11
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / NM card)
- 64MP camera with f/1.9 aperture, Leica optics; 16MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture; 8MP telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom, OIS, LED flash
- 13MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 158.6×72.5×8.8mm; Weight: 188g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz); Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NavIC, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4200mAh (typical) battery with 40W HUAWEI SuperCharge wired and wireless fast charging
Huawei AppGallery has over 530 million active users
Richard Yu, CEO of Consumer Business at Huawei, said that AppGallery now has more than 530 million monthly active users, with an annual growth rate of 83%.
At the end of 2020, the AppGallery app store had 384 billion downloads. He also added that 2.3 million developers are developing mobile apps for AppGallery, up 77% from 2019.
Huawei Director of International Cooperation Zhang Zhe confirmed that the number of applications optimized for HMS Core has more than doubled in one year.
Huawei AppGallery is Huawei’s own app store, similar to the Google Play Store. The company is constantly working to improve the store’s ecosystem and introduce new features to improve the user experience.
AppGallery was initially available in the Chinese market and later became available to users around the world.