Today, the flagship smartphone Realme GT, the cheapest phone based on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 SoC, went on sale in China.
The version with 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of flash memory is offered for $430, while the older version, equipped with 12 GB of RAM and 256 GB of flash memory, is priced at $510. Immediately after the start of sales, Realme confirmed that the sales revenue exceeded $15 million in the first 10 seconds.
Earlier it was reported that Meizu 18 smartphones were swept off the shelves in 28 minutes, and revenue of $ 15 million was achieved in 60 seconds. Against this background, the result of Realme GT is even more impressive.
Realme GT received a modern 6.43-inch AMOLED screen with FHD + resolution with a 120 Hz refresh rate, two ambient light sensors on the front and rear panels, loud stereo speakers and support for Hi-Res Audio. It has a 3.5mm headphone jack and an advanced vibration motor.
The main camera uses image sensors with a resolution of 64 megapixels (Sony IMX682), 8 and 2 megapixels. The front camera is 16 megapixel. The battery capacity is 4500 mAh, 65-watt charging is supported.
realme GT 5G specifications
- 6.43-inch (2400×1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 aspect ratio screen with HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, 98% NTSC color gamut, 100% DCI-P3 colour gamut
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with realme UI 2.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, Sony IMX682 sensor, 8MP 119° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.3 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.5 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio,
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 73.3x 8.4mm (glass) / 9.1mm (leather) ; Weight:186g (glass) / 186.5g (leather)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6e 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2,GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 65W Super Dart flash charging
Realme breaks records to become the fastest-growing brand in the world
Founded in mid-2018, Chinese brand realme is one of the youngest and most promising manufacturers of smartphones and other wearable electronics on the market. This can be confirmed by a fresh report from the research company Counterpoint Research, summing up the results of the third quarter of 2020.
In such a short span of time; realme has been able to grow smartphone shipments by an incredible 132% QoQ and 45% YoY; making it the fastest-growing brand in the world with nearly 50 million units shipped since its inception. And all this despite the difficulties that have arisen in connection with the impending pandemic.
And although the largest volume of deliveries of realme falls on India (55%); the company successfully manages to occupy leadership positions in other regions of the world. So, in the Chinese market, it managed to take the sixth line right after Huawei, OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi; and in some other markets, it even entered the top five most popular smartphone manufacturers. At the same time, the global smartphone market in the third quarter grew by 32% relative to the second; and sank by 4% compared to Q3 2019; and the most affected by the drawdown are LG (-11%), Apple (-7%) and OPPO (-4% ).