OnePlus is taking more time than usual to deploy a major stable Android update for its smartphones. The reason? The company has several new smartphones under its portfolio. Despite the wait, the updates are still coming. A few weeks ago, the OnePlus Nord received an OxygenOS 11 stable update. Now, the brand is rolling out the new OxgenOS 11 Open Betas based on Android 11 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8T. Interestingly, this is the second OxygenOS 11 Open Beta reaching the OnePlus 8T flagship.
As usual, the new firmware update introduces several new fixes and enhancements. It goes from optimizing the startup speed of some applications to fixing an issue where WhatsApp couldn’t receive messages when it was in the background for a long time.
OnePlus 8 and 8T OxygenOS 11 Open beta updates:
- OnePlus account now can be registered with the phone number in more countries or regions
- Optimized the startup speed of some apps to improve the user experience
- Fixed the noise issue of 5G calls
- Fix for an issue that WhatsApp cannot receive messages when it is in the background for a long time
- Fixes the issue in which the “Turn on automatically” in Dark Mode is disabled after the system update
- Addresses the disappearing issue with the animation of the voice assistant wake-up gesture
- Fixes the issue that no caller ID is displayed from the favorite contacts in Do Not Disturb mode
- Fixed the issue that the Setting interface displays abnormally under the split screen of call forwarding
- Fixes the flash issue with the Quick Reply in Landscape
- Fixed the issue that the status bar is displayed abnormally when using split-screen with the Chrome
- It Fixes the small probability issue that the expanded screenshot may stop working
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.03
- Fixed the issue that the fingerprint pattern is not displayed on the screen (OP8 series only)
- Newly added time watermark (Camera – Settings – Shot on OnePlus watermark – Time)
- Fixes the issue in which pictures are not displayed in the Gallery after they are copied to the DCIM category
- Fix for the issue that the Nearby Share button may disappear when using Google Photos
- Fixes the issue that the SCENARIO-BASED ENHANCEMENT switch is not displayed in the settings when OnePlus Buds is connected to the phone
- Fixes the issue that the device cannot be searched by other Bluetooth devices
- Fixes the issue of the incomplete dialog box displayed in landscape mode
- Fixes known issues with the SMS to improve functional stability (OP8 series only)
There are other several fixes in this update. For that reason, we can see this is an important update for all those dreaming of a stable Android 11 update on their OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8T smartphones. The update also brings March 2021 security patch which certainly is a plus. Since this update is on the beta channel, only those enrolled in the beta program will receive it. However, we believe that it’s just a matter of weeks until these stables become ready for the mass public.
This update is rolling out in an important week for Oneplus. After all, the company is gearing up to launch its OnePlus 9 series smartphones.