The Huawei Mate 40 Pro was officially announced in October 2020. The first official sale of this device in China commenced in November 2020. However, a recent report shows that the Huawei Mate 40 Pro gets another 3C certification. This new certification is pretty consistent with the old one. However, in this certification, this smartphone does not come with a charger. The certification also suggests that irrespective of the colour, there will be no charger.
Parts of the certification reads
“If the product has a glass shell (rear cover), the power adapter is an optional part. When the product has a PU leather shell (rear cover), the power adapter is a standard part”.
Unfortunately, the Huawei Mate 40 Pro has about three colour options and all use a glass back cover. This means that the three colours of the Huawei Mate 40 Pro will not come with a charger. One speculation is that the company is preparing to launch this device outside China. However, it should arrive in a region where Huawei devices (flagships) are already popular.
The Huawei Mate 40 Pro comes with the Kirin 9000 chip. This smartphone has a 6.76-inch 68-degree curved screen, supports 3D face recognition, and an on-screen fingerprint sensor. It also uses a dual front camera setup. On the rear, we have a 50MP main camera. We also have a 20MP ultra-wide-angle movie lens as well as a 12MP 5X periscope lens that can achieve 7x optical zoom. In China, the starting price of this smartphone is 6,499 yuan ($996).
HUAWEI Mate 40 Pro specifications
- 6.76-inch (2772 x 1344 Pixels) FHD+ OLED display,90 Hz refresh rate
- HUAWEI Kirin 9000 5G (1 x Cortex-A77 3.13 GHz + 3 x Cortex-A77 2.54 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 2.05 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G78 MP24 GPU,Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs (Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB RAM, 256GB storage (Mate 40 Pro) / 12GB RAM, 256GB storage (Mate 40 Pro+)
- Android 10 with EMUI 11
- 50MP RYYB Ultra Vision camera with f/1.9 aperture, OIS, 20MP ultra-wide Cine camera with f/1.8 aperture, 12MP telephoto camera with 5x optical zoom, OIS, Laser sensor, LED flash
- 13MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture, 3D Depth Sensing ToF Camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers
- Water-resistant (IP68)
- Mate 40 Pro – Dimensions:162.9×74.5×9.1mm(Glass) / 9.5mm (Leather); Weight: 212g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual-band), NavIC, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4400mAh (typical) battery with 66W HUAWEI SuperCharge, 50W Wireless HUAWEI SuperCharge