In the base of the popular Geekbench benchmark platform, information has appeared about the Realme smartphone with the RMX3241 model number. The device is expected to enter the commercial market under the name Realme 8 5G. The device has already been registered in the database of the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC), which indicates an imminent announcement.
In March, we recall, the Realme 8 smartphone debuted with support for 4G / LTE networks. It runs the MediaTek Helio G95 processor, a maximum of 8 GB of RAM and a flash drive with a capacity of 128 GB.
The tested variant RMX3241 carries a MediaTek MT6833V / ZA chip – one of the Dimensity 700 processors family with an integrated 5G modem. The base frequency is 2.0 GHz. The chip functions in conjunction with 8 GB of RAM. The operating system is Android 11.
At the same time, the FCC website says that the device has a 5000 mAh battery, an NFC controller and a side fingerprint scanner.
Other characteristics of the Realme 8 5G model are likely to inherit from the 4G version. A 6.4-inch display with Full HD + resolution (2400 × 1080 pixels), a 16-megapixel front camera; and a quadruple main camera in a 64 + 8 + 2 + 2 megapixels configuration.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the Realme 8 smartphone.
Realme 8 specifications
- 6.5-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED screen with up to 1000 nits brightness
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G95 12nm processor (Dual 2.05GHz A76 + Hexa 2GHz A55 CPUs) with 900MHz Mali-G76 3EEMC4 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB / 8GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 11 with realme UI 2.0
- 64MP rear camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, UIS/UIS Max, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.3 aperture, 2MP B&W portrait camera and 2MP 4cm macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.45 aperture, Sony IMX471 sensor
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 160.5×73.9×7.99mm; Weight: 177g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 30W Dart Charge fast charging