The next “guest” of tech blogger Zach Nielsen was the gaming smartphone Black Shark 4. The owner of the YouTube channel JerryRigEverything tested the model’s resistance to various types of extreme influences, including a bending test – and the device was able to pleasantly surprise the “destroyer of gadgets”.
By tradition, the author of the video, first of all, tested the device’s display for scratch resistance. As is the case with most modern smartphones, tempered glass has succumbed to the impact of a tool with a hardness index of at least 6 on the Mohs scale. It turned out to be much easier to damage the surface of the metal frame and the plastic back cover of the device, which quickly became covered with deep scratches under the influence of a clerical knife.
A 25-second warming up of the display with a lighter led to the formation of a small spot on the panel, but after cooling it completely recovered. The side fingerprint scanner also showed high “survivability” – even covered with deep scratches, it continued to work properly. The disassembly revealed that the manufacturer used a Peltier element attached to an aluminum heatsink with an active fan on one side and a copper plate on the other.
Gizchina News of the week
Finally, Nielsen tried to bend the smartphone. Unlike Lenovo Legion 2 and ASUS ROG 5, which failed this test, the device withstood several approaches without any problems, getting off with a slight deformation of the frame in the area of the power button. The blogger also promised to disassemble the device in one of his next videos to examine its internal design.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the Black Shark 4 and 4 Pro smartphones.
Black Shark 4 and Shark 4 Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 144Hz display, HDR 10+, 111% DCI – P3 color gamut; 1300 nits brightness, MEMC intelligent motion compensation technology
- Black Shark 4 – Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- Black-Shark 4 Pro – Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- Black Shark 4 – 6GB / 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage; 12GB with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Black Shark 4 Pro – 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS3.1 + SSD Disk Array) storage; 12GB / 16GB with 256GB (UFS3.1 + SSD Disk Array) storage
- Android 11 with JoyUI 12.5
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP (4) / 64MP (4 Pro) rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED flash; 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP super macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- In display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dual 1226 super linear 7-magnet speakers (4 Pro)
- Dimensions: 163.83×76.35x 9.9mm; Weight: 210g (4) / 220 (4 Pro)
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh battery with 120W fast charging, supports QC, PD fast charging
NOT a durability test.