Since the independence of Honor from Huawei, it has not been very loud with its smartphone business. Honor has silently announced the Honor Play 20 in China, this is the latest smartphone from the company. This smartphone comes with a huge 5000 mAh battery but has a starting price of 899 Yuan ($138).
Though an entry-level smartphone, the Honor Play 20 has some interesting features. This device comes with a waterdrop 6.5-inch IPS LCD panel that supports a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels. The screen design ensures that its screen-to-body ratio is 89.3%.
Under the hood, this device has the Unisoc Tiger T610 SoC that uses the DynamIQ architecture. This is a 12nm chipset that uses 2 x Cortex A75 cores which clocks at 1.8GHz. It also has 6 x Cortex A55 cores clocking 1.8GHz as well as a Mali G52 GPU with a clock speed of 614.4MHz.
The Honor Play 20 also comes with up to 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. This is quite interesting for an entry-level smartphone. In addition, this device supports a microSD card slot for extra storage. On the software end, this device comes with Magic UI 4.0 on top of Android 10 OS.
In the camera department, this device comes with a dual rear camera setup. Specifically, it has a 13MP main camera, a 2MP depth sensor as well as an LED flash on the rear. The front side of this smartphone comes with a 5MP sensor.
Honor Play 20 price and availability
Honor Play 20 will be available for pre-sale today from 10:08 in China, It will be available on all channels (e-commerce platforms) at 10:08 on April 30. The available colours are silver, white, black, and blue.
Honor Play 20 Price
- 4GB RAM + 128GB storage – 899 yuan ($138)
- 6GB RAM + 128GB storage – 1099 yuan ($169)
- 8GB RAM + 128GB storage – 1399 yuan ($216)
Honor Play 20 full specifications
- 6.5-inch IPS LCD panel (1600 × 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 display
- 2 x Cortex A75 cores clocking at 1.8GHz (Unisoc Tiger T610 SoC), 6 x Cortex A55 cores clocking 1.8GHz, Mali G52 GPU with a clock speed of 614.4MHz.
- 4GB / 6GB / 8GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 10 with Magic UI 4.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP f/1.8 (primary) + 2MP f/2.4 (depth sensor)
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 159.07 × 74.06 × 9.04; Weight: 185g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, micro USB
- 5000mAh (Typical) / 4900mAh (Minimum) battery capacity