A few hours ago, Redmi officially released the Redmi K40 gaming version. This is the first gaming smartphone from the Chinese manufacturer. After weeks of teasers and speculations, we now officially have this device. This smartphone comes with the Dimensity 1200 as well as a dual magnetic gaming trigger. It uses a 6.67 OLED flexible straight screen and the body is 8.3mm slim despite its 5065 mAh large battery. This battery supports 67W flash charging and the device also comes with JBL stereo dual speakers, Dolby Atmos, etc. In addition to the regular Redmi K40 gaming version, the company also released the “Bruce Lee Special Edition”.
This model is fully customized, from the dimensions of the phone to its packaging, accessories, themes, etc. The smartphone uses an attractive black and yellow colour scheme. Of course, these are the favorite colours of the legendary actor. The rear of the device is predominantly yellow with a black strip that has the phrase “Bruce Lee King of Kung Fu”.
However, the hardware and software of the Redmi K40 Gaming Version remain the same as the regular version. As for its price, the Bruce Lee Special Edition (12GB + 256GB) will sell for 2799 yuan ($432). It will be available on all major Chinese e-commerce platforms with the regular model.
Lu Weibing, vice president of Xiaomi Group and general manager of the Redmi brand, said that “the spirit of Bruce Lee is also the spirit of Redmi making products”. He claims that the “enemy” is stronger but Redmi is the strongest. He added, “every trick is to get rid of the flashy movements and strive to knock down the opponent in the shortest distance”. This is the KO spirit of Redmi.
Redmi K40 Gaming Version specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 500 nits (typical brightness), Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Up to 3GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Dimensity 1200 6nm processor with ARM G77 MC9 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.65 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP tele-macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, JBL Audio quality certification, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 161.94x 76.93 x 8.3mm; Weight: 205g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1 (Bluetooth 5.2 in Pro), GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,065mAh (Typical) battery with 66W fast charging