Today in India, the premiere of the Samsung Galaxy M42 5G took place, which became the first M-series smartphone with support for fifth-generation networks. If we talk about the design and technical characteristics of the new device, then it has become an almost complete copy of the Galaxy A42, which appeared on the European market in September last year.
The Samsung Galaxy M42 5G offers an Infinity-U AMOLED screen with a diagonal of 6.6 inches and a resolution of 1600×720 pixels with a drop-shaped notch for a 20-megapixel front camera. The fingerprint scanner is built into the display.
The hardware base is the Snapdragon 750G, which works in conjunction with 6/8 GB of RAM. Galaxy M42 5G comes with a 128 GB flash drive and Android 11 operating system with One UI 3.1 user interface. The battery capacity is 5000 mAh and there is support for 15W charging.
The main camera is a four-component, where the main module is 48 megapixels with an aperture of f/1.8, and it is complemented by an 8 megapixel wide with a viewing angle of 119 degrees and a couple of 5-megapixel modules each, which are responsible for macro photography and depth analysis. The Galaxy M42 5G has a USB Type-C port, 3.5 mini-jack for headphones, Bluetooth 5.0 and Wi-Fi 5 adapters.
The dimensions of the device are 164.4×75.9×8.6 mm and weighs 190 grams. The Galaxy M42 5G with 6/128 GB of memory costs $ 295 and for the variant with 8/128 GB they ask for $ 322. At the start of sales, the smartphone will be available with a discount of $ 27.
Samsung Galaxy M42 5G specifications
- 6.6-inch HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display
- Octa Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa Kryo 570 CPUs) Snapdragon 750G 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 619 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) Storage, expandable up to 1TB via micro SD card
- Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with ISOCELL GM2 sensor, f/1.8 aperture LED flash; 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera with f/2.2 aperture 5MP depth sensor and 5MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Samsung Pay
- Dimensions: 75.9 x 164.4 x 8.6mm; Weight: 190g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery with 15W Adaptive Fast Charging