The premiere of Samsung Galaxy M42 5G will take place tomorrow, and there is a lot of talk that the company didn’t bother to create a new model, it would simply resort to the rebranding maneuver, beloved by it and the Chinese companies. The device should be just a renamed version of the Galaxy A42 5G. This is supported by its characteristics found in the Google Play console.
The listing shows that both the Samsung Galaxy M42 5G and Galaxy A42 5G have the same device code “a42xq”. The smartphone has an eight-core Snapdragon 750G (sm7225) chip, an HD + display (1339×720 pixels) and an Android 11 operating system.
The device should have up to 8 GB of RAM, 128 GB of memory, a 5000 mAh battery with 15 W charging power and a main camera with four image sensors, where the main resolution is 48 megapixels alongside an 8-megapixel width, a macro module and a sensor depths with the same resolution of 5 megapixels. It is estimated that the price of the Galaxy M42 5G will be between $ 268 and $ 335.
Gizchina News of the week
Here is a reminder of the full specs of the Galaxy A42 5G smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy A42 5G specifications
- 6.6-inch HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display
- Octa Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa Kryo 570 CPUs) Snapdragon 750G 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 619 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) Storage, expandable up to 1TB via micro SD card
- Android 10 with One UI 2.1
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor and 5MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 75.9 x 164.4 x 8.6mm; Weight: 190g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 15W Adaptive Fast Charging
The process of copying has long and firmly eaten into the brains of manufacturers, there are many confirmations of this. One of the latest is the design of the Samsung Galaxy A22. Suddenly, it turned out that the South Korean giant is not averse to releasing a smartphone in the style of Google Pixel backgrounds.