Last month, Xiaomi introduced the Redmi K40 Game Enhanced Edition and after its premiere, the head of Redmi revealed that the company sees its mission to bring affordable gaming smartphones to the market. Although this is not entirely easy in the face of shortages and ever-increasing prices for components. But this does not bother the company, and it is inspired by how actively users began to buy Redmi K40 GE at the start of sales.
The company will continue to fulfill its commitment to increasing the number of devices available to gamers. Therefore, it is preparing another gaming smartphone for release, which will become the affordable version of the Redmi K40 GE. Among the main simplifications is the hardware platform. The bet was again made on a product from MediaTek, but this time it is Dimensity 1100.
Recall that the Dimensity 1100 is manufactured using a 6-nanometer process technology and includes 8 processor cores, four of which are Cortex-A78 with a clock speed of 2.6 GHz and a quartet of Cortex-A55 cores with a clock speed of 2.0 GHz. The graphics subsystem is represented by the Mali-G77 MC9.
Among other characteristics of the lite version of the Redmi K40 GE, a 5000 mAh battery with 67 W fast charging, a display with a resolution of 2400 × 1080 pixels and a 64 megapixel sensor in the main camera will be present. At this stage, the conclusion suggests itself that the only difference between this version and the base will be the hardware platform.
We do not know the time of the announcement of the smartphone and we can only wait for confirmation from the company that such a gaming smartphone will really come out. Here is a reminder of the specifications of the Redmi K40 Game Edition smartphone.
Redmi K40 Gaming Edition specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 500 nits (typical brightness), Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Up to 3GHz Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 1200 6nm processor with ARM G77 MC9 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.65 aperture, LED flash; 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture; 2MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, JBL Audio quality certification, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 161.94x 76.93 x 8.3mm; Weight: 205g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax; Bluetooth 5.1 (Bluetooth 5.2 in Pro), GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,065mAh (Typical) battery with 66W fast charging