Today, MediaTek released the Dimensity 900 SoC that uses the 6nm manufacturing process. This is the latest processor of the Dimensity 5G SoC series. This chip comes with a hardware-level 4K HDR video recording, supports up to 108MP camera, 5G dual Netcom and Wi-Fi 6 connection. It also supports a 120Hz FHD+ Ultra HD resolution display.
Dr. Xu Jingquan, Deputy General Manager of MediaTek and General Manager of its Wireless Communications Division, said: “The Dimensity 900 brings advanced wireless connectivity, high-definition display, and 4K HDR video image enhancement functions to the global high-end market, providing a high degree of design for terminal products. Dimensity 900 supports 5G and Wi-Fi 6 connections, allowing consumers to enjoy a fast and stable networking experience on terminal devices.”
Dimensity 900 uses an eight-core CPU architecture design. It has 2 ARM Cortex-A78 cores clocking 2.4GHz and 6 ARM Cortex-A55 high-efficiency cores clocking 2.0GHz. The chip also comes with an ARM Mali-G68 MC4 GPU and high energy efficiency AI processor (MediaTek third-generation APU). This chip further supports LPDDR5 RAM, UFS 3.1 storage and can adapt to a 120Hz screen refresh rate.
The Dimensity 900 SoC supports 5G Sub-6GHz full frequency band and 5G dual-carrier aggregation technology. This can achieve up to 120MHz spectrum bandwidth while supporting SA/NSA networking. It also supports 5G dual card dual standby, and dual card VoNR services. Furthermore, the company uses its 5G UltraSave Electricity technology to further reduce the power consumption of this chip. The overall performance of the chip will save the battery life of the device.
Features of MediaTek Dimensity 900 SoC
- Excellent image creation ability: Dimensity 900 supports MediaTek Imagiq 5.0 image processing technology. It also adopts a multi-core ISP and comes with an exclusive hardware-level 4K HDR video recording engine. It also combines 3D noise reduction (3DNR) and multi-frame noise reduction (MFNR) technology. The maximum pixel size is 108MP, the current upper limit in the industry.
- Better AI camera application: This chip uses MediaTek’s third-generation APU, which has the advantages of floating-point accuracy of INT8, INT16, and FP16 operations. It enhances the AI camera application experience with high-efficiency AI performance. It also supports AI white balance, AI autofocus, and other shooting functions.
- Stunning video quality: The chip-level MediaTek MiraVision image quality engine can intelligently adjust the image quality of the video stream. It improves the color, brightness, contrast, sharpness, and dynamic range. This feature also enhances the SDR video content to a display effect close to HDR. Also, the HDR10 upgrade to HDR10+, and supports HDR10+ video. The playback real-time image quality enhancement feature comprehensively improves the look and feel of video-image quality.
- Advanced network connection: Continuing the leading advantages of MediaTek dual-SIM card technology, Dimensity 900 supports a dual-SIM 5G standby function, and both cards support 5G SA/NSA networking and dual-SIM VoNR voice services. It integrates 2×2 MIMO Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, and GNSS.
- Smooth gaming: This chip supports MediaTek HyperEngine as well as dual-SIM parallel for game calls. The 5G high-speed rail and super hotspot game mode can help users enjoy the game world.
As of now, the MediaTek Dimensity 5G SoC has six series. These include the Dimensity 1200, 1100, 1000, 900,800 and 700 series. These series are available for the global market. According to reports, the Dimensity 900 will be available in the second quarter of 2021.