According to user feedback, Xiaomi recently released a new update for the Xiaomi Mi Band 6. The company officially announced that Mi Sports now has a new update (V5.1.0). Furthermore, the company also officially confirmed that the latest firmware number of the Mi Band 6 is 18.104.22.168. In addition to fixing bugs, in the new firmware version, the Mi Band 6 gets a new Pomodoro function. The update also brings support for Greentown Pass (Transport Union), Ganzhou Pass, Shaoxing Pass, and other bus cards. Furthermore, the band now has a higher pace target for outdoor running. It also now supports incoming calls and text message reply for Android smartphones.
Major changes in the new update
- Adds the Pomodoro function
- Increase pace goal setting for outdoor running
- Android phones support incoming call and text message reply
- Public transportation card: newly adds support for Greentown Pass (Transportation Union), Ganzhou Pass, and Shaoxing Pass
- Fix bug
The Xiaomi Mi Band 6 was released at the Xiaomi Spring New Product Launch event. It uses a 1.56-inch AMOLED full track screen and supports 30 professional sports modes. The standard version is priced at 229 yuan ($36) while the NFC version goes for 279 yuan ($43).
In addition, the Xiaomi Mi Band 6 has a new blood oxygen saturation monitoring function, which can also be turned on at night. In terms of heart rate monitoring, Mi Band 6 has a new special heartbeat reminder. The band also provides health monitoring functions such as women’s health, stress state assessment, breathing training guidance, and multi-dimensional health assessment system.
Xiaomi Mi Smart Band 6 specifications
- 1.53-inch (152 × 486 pixels) AMOLED 24bit color touch screen display with up to ≥450 nits brightness, 3D scratch-resistant glass, AF coating, 326PPI
- Shows time, steps, heart rate, activities, weather, notifications from apps, calls and more
- Photoplethysmography (PPG) / Heart rate sensor, Blood oxygen sensor
- 24-hour sleep tracking with REM and sleep breathing quality, fitness tracking, Sedentary reminder
- 30 fitness modes (outdoor running, walking, cycling, indoor running, swimming, exercise, indoor cycling, elliptical machine, skipping rope, yoga, rowing machine, Indoor fitness, Indoor ice skating, HIIT, Core training, Stretching, Stepper, Gymnastics, Pilates, Street dance, Dance, Zumba, Cricket, Bowling, Basketball, Volleyball, Table tennis, Badminton, Boxing and Kickboxing)
- 6 automatic fitness tracking (walking, treadmill, outdoor running, outdoor cycling, rowing machine, and elliptical machine)
- PAI health analysis, Women’s health tracking: Menstrual cycle,
- Tri-axis Accelerometer + Tri-axis Gyro, Capacitive Wear Monitoring Sensor, Pressure assessment, Breathing training, Remote shutter control
- Xiao Ai’s voice assistant (NFC model)
- 5ATM (50 meters) water resistant
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE, NFC (Optional)
- Dimensions: 47.4 × 18.6 × 12.7mm; Weight: 12.8g / 13g (NFC)
- 125mAh battery with up to 14 days of battery life