For Samsung, the “FE” of its Galaxy series is the “Fan Edition”. According to the company, this model brings what Samsung considers to be the most important Galaxy S fans’ need. Today, a series of Samsung Galaxy S21 FE images hit the web courtesy of @evleaks. As we can see from the images, the frame of this device is on the same level as that of the Galaxy S21. In fact, this device does not appear like it’s a fan version. It looks much better than the Fan Edition of the Galaxy S20.
Furthermore, the leak states that the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE may be a follow-up product of last year’s Galaxy Note 20. Usually, the Galaxy S21 FE should be a successor to the Galaxy S20 FE. Considering that there is no Galaxy Note series product this year, this product will arrive sometime in August. It is quite possible for it to take over the previous position of the Note series.
After all, the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra launched earlier this year comes with an S Pen. The presence of an S Pen on the S21 changed the fate of the Note series. It is also possible that the new S21 FE will also support S Pen. Of course, this revelation did cause some controversy. There was even a rumor that the S21 Ultra did not meet Samsung’s expectations. To this end, there are rumors that Samsung executives are considering bringing the Note series.
Gizchina News of the week
Whatever the case is, Samsung will most likely release new products in August. These products should include a new foldable smartphone as well as this Fan Edition. According to reports, both the foldable smartphone and the Fan Edition will come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chip.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE specifications
- 6.5-inch Full HD+ (2400 × 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity-O Display, 407 PPI, 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- 8GB RAM (LPDDR5), 128GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10 with OneUI
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, 79˚ FOV, OIS, 8MP Telephoto lens with 32° FoV, f/2.4 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 3X Optical Zoom, Up to 30x Super Resolution Zoom, 12MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Surround sound with Dolby Atmos
- Optical Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 74.5 x 159.8 x 8.4mm; Weight: 190g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4500mAh (typical) with 25W fast charging, WPC Qi wireless fast charging, Wireless PowerShare