According to Xiaomi product director and MIUI experience general manager, Jin Fan, recently stated that the “MIUI Pioneer Group” is now active for Xiaomi users. This Pioneer Group will help with the issues that users are facing with the MIUI system. Earlier, he said that there will soon be an update to solve the heating issue on Xiaomi smartphones. Furthermore, he claims that there will be an update for game frame stabilization technology. This feature will be available for only Snapdragon 888 smartphones for now. True to his words, there is now a new update for the Xiaomi Mi 11 series. The version number of the update package is 220.127.116.11.RKBCNXM and the update size is about 188 MB.
According to netizens, the Xiaomi Mi 11 series already have this update. The update improves the temperature limit of some scenes. Furthermore, it significantly reduces the high heat issues for Xiaomi’s Snapdragon 888 smartphones. Judging from the feedback from the Xiaomi community, this version of the patch seems to greatly limit the performance release of the Snapdragon 888 chip. Users claim that they experience frame drop and some games may only use 60Hz.
Xiaomi claims that it will provide users with a steady performance and balance mode for smartphones. The performance mode has been in the internal testing stage. The default mode for ordinary users will be the balance mode and its power-saving is basically smooth. From August, users can begin to choose the performance mode which may consume more power.
Xiaomi Mi 11 specifications
- 6.81-inch (3200×1440 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display 120Hz refresh rate, 1500nit (HBM) / 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, MEMC, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB 3200MHz LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.85 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- In-screen fingerprint sensor with heart rate monitoring, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: 164.3x 74.6 x 8.06mm (glass)/8.56mm (leather); Weight: 196g (glass) / 194g (leather)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4600mAh (Typical) / 4500mAh (Minimum) battery with 55W wired QC4+ / QC3+ / PD3.0, 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging