Xiaomi’s MIUI is one of the most popular Android skin in the world today. The company has been developing this Android skin for over 10 years. No doubt, the progress of MIUI is quite amazing, however, there have been so many (maybe too many) complaints in recent times. These complaints are mostly from global users who feel marginalized. In addition, MIUI is currently plagued with bugs and errors. This is causing serious concerns amongst users of this system. In response to this, Xiaomi published a survey where it asked users to state their complaints. This survey is no longer active as it was only open for two days (June 2 – June 4). Taking a step further, the company has now established the MIUI Pioneer Group that will address all software issues.
Today, Xiaomi Product Director (MIUI Experience General Manager) announced that the MIUI Pioneer Group has been established about a week ago. According to his announcement, this group will take charge of MIUI issues. This means that users can lay their complaints to them for direct solutions. Furthermore, the committee will consistently post its progress in the Xiaomi community in the form of a report. These reports will severe as a guide for users with the same or similar issue.
MIUI Pioneer Group members
There are five members in the MIUI Pioneer Group and each member has his responsibility. The members and their responsibilities are
Gizchina News of the week
- Xiaomi product director (MIUI experience general manager): Responsible for Xiaomi’s overall software experience and MIUI. His Weibo handle is @MIUI小凡
- Da Li (Weibo Handle: @大李同学): Responsible for promoting internal resolution of user complaints and announcements
- Zhang Guoquan (Director of Xiaomi Mobile System Software Department): Responsible for smartphone system software development. Profers solution to hardware optimization, operating system, and network issues. His Weibo handle is @张国全_小米is
- Qiao Zhongliang (Deputy General Manager of Mi Internet One): Responsible for software development, solve everyone’s software problems. His Weibo handle is @乔忠良_小米
- Zhou Zhibin (Xiaomi smartphone testing director): Responsible for quality and testing. His Weibo handle is @老了不胖
Considering all the issues that MIUI has been facing, this is a welcome development. However, the members of the team are all top Xiaomi officials. Also, they are all Chinese. It remains to be seen how these officials will benefit global users. However, those who can use and have access to Weibo can contact these officials with their issues. Hopefully, with this team in place, Xiaomi will solve all MIUI’s issues in the coming months.
Hopefully, they can converse in English.