As we’re walking fast to September 2021, we’re getting close to the full-fledged version of Android 12. However, they’re still a long path to be trailed by the search giant. In order to iron out the potential bugs that will harm Android 12 users, Google is performing its usual Beta testing program where courageous Pixel users are experimenting with the new version and reporting bugs. Just a couple of weeks ago, the company rolled out the second beta of Android 12. Now, the company is rolling an incremental update that fixes some issues.
Android 12 brings a major redesign through Material You
Android 12 beta 1 introduced the first bits of Material You, a new theme engine based on Wallpapers. The new Android also determines new design elements and changes abruptly the Quick-Settings and the Animations. There is also a new privacy dashboard and a lot of other small changes and improvements. The company will still roll out more betas with hopefully more novelties. Today, the update is more a bugfix release than anything beyond it.
One of the biggest issues that came with Android 12 Beta was that at times, the lock screen would entirely freeze up. You couldn’t swipe to unlock your smartphone, access quick settings, or swipe away notifications. Now the issue is fixed. Moreover, the update fixes the At a Glance widget so calendar events and the weather appear correctly. There are more fixes too, so be sure to check out the changelog below. The official release notes for Android 12 also contain information about the update and the current state of the Android 12 beta program.
Beta 2.1 update changelog
- Fixes an issue preventing users from accessing things on the lock screen. For example, swiping down for the notification shade, swiping away notifications, or swiping up to unlock the phone. (Issue #190702454)
- Fixed issues causing information such as weather and calendar events to not appear in the At a Glance widget on the home screen or lock screen. (Issue #190700432, Issue #190644743)
- Fixes an issue that sometimes caused flickering or jittery animations when accessing recent apps with gesture navigation.
- Addresses an issue causing the microphone and camera permission indicators to get stuck and disappear.
- Fixes an issue when using the Android Emulator with an Android Virtual Device (AVD) running Android 12 that prevented the AVD from connecting to the internet.
- Addresses an issue where after taking Beta and resetting the device, some users are were stuck on setup wizard (Issue #190082536).
The new system images for Android 12 Beta 2.1 are now available for the Pixel 5, Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 3, and Pixel 3 XL.