Recently, Lei Jun, founder, and CEO of Xiaomi Group said that one of Xiaomi’s four-year-old (2017 launch) smartphones is making the company proud. According to him, after four years, the Xiaomi Mi 6 still has 2.15 million users. This is quite impressive for an old Chinese smartphone. Today, a netizen took to Lei Jun’s official Weibo handle and made the following comment
“…the screen of the Xiaomi Mi 11 Youth Edition is a bit big. It is recommended to launch the Mi 6 replica, which feels perfect”.
Lei Jun replied: “Received.”
This has sparked widespread speculation that the company will launch a Xiaomi Mi 6 replica. No doubt, the Xiaomi Mi 6 is a classic device. This smartphone is the last small screen device (5.15-inch screen) before the huge screen craziness.
A few days ago, Lei Jun asked netizens
“What do you like about Mi 6?” Small size? Snapdragon 835? 12MP camera? or Sleek Design?
In all honesty, Xiaomi should resist the temptation of releasing a small screen device. In the past, Xiaomi did a lot of copying from the iPhone. This is the time to learn from the iPhone mini series. If the market has such a love for small displays, the iPhone 12 mini will have good sales. However, this is presently not the case and Apple wants to discontinue the mini-series from iPhone 14.
Xiaomi Mi 6 specifications
The Xiaomi Mi 6 comes with a Snapdragon 8 series chip, specifically Snapdragon 835 SoC. This device uses a 5.15-inch display with a resolution of 1920×1080. In the camera department, this smartphone uses a 12MP AI dual camera and the battery is only 3350 mAh. It is important to note that the camera and batter were just sufficient at the time. Just within four years, flagship batteries are now 5000 mAh while the camera is up to 108MP.
- 5.15-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD display with 600 nits brightness, 94.4% NTSC color gamut, 1500:1 contrast ratio
- 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit 10nm processor with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS) internal storage
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 8
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Splash resistant
- 12MP rear camera with 1.25μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording, secondary 12MP camera with 1.0 μm pixel size, 52mm portrait lens, f/2.6 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 145.17x 70.49×7.45 mm; Weight: 168g / 182g (ceramic)
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3350mAh (typical) / 3250mAh (minimum) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, 18W fast charging