After proper analysis, many health experts discovered that the screen of a smartphone is super dirty. One expert even put it as “dirtier than a toilet” looking at the degree of colonization as an indicator. To this end, many users will regularly clean their smartphones as they do with other electronic devices. However, for the iPhone, there are also some precautions during the cleaning process. A few days ago, Apple’s How to Clean Apple Products” document was updated with two new additions:
- You can use 75% ethanol wipes to gently wipe the hard, non-porous surface of Apple products.
- Do not use hydrogen peroxide products.
Gizchina News of the week
Hydrogen peroxide in daily life generally appears in the form of aqueous hydrogen peroxide, which is a common disinfection product. Previously, Apple’s recommended disinfectant product was 70% isopropyl alcohol wipes (IPA). However, whether it is isopropyl alcohol or alcohol wipes, try not to touch the speakers, microphones, and other holes. Of course, you can certainly not immerse the electronic in for disinfection.
How to clean Apple products
Apple products are made from many different materials, and each material may have specific cleaning requirements. Before you start cleaning, please note the following tips that apply to all products:
- Only use a soft, lint-free cloth. Avoid using rough cloths, towels, paper towels, or similar items.
- Avoid excessive wiping, as this may cause damage.
- Disconnect all external power supplies, equipment, and cables.
- Unless otherwise specified for a specific product, keep the product away from liquids.
- Don’t let the opening get damp.
- Do not use sprays, bleach, or abrasives.
- Do not spray cleaner directly onto the product.
Can I use disinfectant on Apple products?
You can use 70% isopropyl alcohol wipes, 75% ethanol wipes, or Clorox disinfecting wipes to gently wipe hard, non-porous surfaces of Apple products, such as displays, keyboards, or other external surfaces. Do not use products that contain bleach or hydrogen peroxide. Avoid getting moisture in any openings, and don’t immerse your Apple product in any cleaning agents. Do not use disinfectants on fabric or leather surfaces.
What to do if you immerse your iPhone in a disinfectant
If you mistakenly or ignorantly immerse your iPhone in a disinfectant, please seek assistance from an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Retail Store as soon as possible. However, you have to note that the Apple product warranty or AppleCare Protection Plan does not cover immersion damage. This means that you will have to pay for the services.