One of the most talked about new products of this week is the Xiaomi Mi Mix 4. The company was clearly in a hurry to get ahead of Samsung by unveiling the smartphone the day before the Galaxy Z Fold 4 was announced, and there is a persistent feeling that the technology is not finalized. The main camera of the level of Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra was not offered in the device, but then the price tag would have been significantly higher.
During the announcement of Xiaomi Mi Mix 4, the company also focused on the anti-theft function, which allows users to find a lost or stolen smartphone even if the SIM card is removed. All thanks to the built-in virtual sim card, which allows you to find the gadget. Inserting a different SIM card has no effect as you need to enter a PIN to activate it.
But, as it turned out, the company had to disable the anti-theft function. The reason is the lack of permission for its implementation from the regulatory authorities of China due to the violation of “national norms”. Xiaomi has apologized for the fact that users will not be able to work with the function that allows you to find a smartphone in case of loss or theft.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 4 sales in China will start tomorrow, August 16. It is quite predictable to hear that the new product has caused a stir and more than half a million users have already expressed a desire to buy it. The number of those who have booked a smartphone only on the JD.com marketplace has already reached more than 525 thousand people.
Gizchina News of the week
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the smartphone:
Xiaomi Mi MIX 4 specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400×x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 10-bit AMOLED display, Dolby Vision, HDR10+; 120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus Protection
- Up to 3.0GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 888 Plus 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung HMX sensor, 0.8μm pixel size; LED flash, f/1.95 aperture, OIS, up to 100x zoom; 13MP 120° free-form ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture; 8MP periscope camera with 5x optical zoom, up to 50x digital zoom, 8K video recording at 24fps, 4k 60 fps
- 20MP Under screen front-facing camera, 1.6μm 4-in-1 Super Pixel
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Custom 1014 linear top speaker, 1216P linear bottom speaker, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, UWB, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 120W wired, 50W wireless charging