Over 70% of smartphones shipped in China supports 5G

Most powerful smartphones

It has been two years since the issuance of 5G commercial licenses in China. With the continuous improvement of 5G basic design and construction, and the continuous decline in the price of 5G smartphones, China has begun a wave of 5G replacement. Recently, market data from the China Academy of Information and Communications Technology shows that from January to July this year, the total number of mobile phone shipments in the Chinese market hit 203 million units. This is a year-on-year increase of 15.6%.


According to the reports, out of the 203 million units, 151 million units are 5G smartphones. This means that 74.3% of the total smartphone shipment within the first seven months of this year are 5G smartphones. At present, the cumulative Chinese 5G mobile phone shipments have reached 327 million units. This means that over 300 million 5G smartphones have been shipped within the past two years. Of course, the 5G smartphone is very popular in China snd its popularity is increasing.

Gizchina News of the week

Looking at the statistics, 74.3% of smartphone shipments indicate that in every four smartphones, three are 5G devices. In July of this year, 28.676 million mobile phones were shipped in the Chinese market, a year-on-year increase of 28%. Out of this number, 22.834 million units are 5G smartphones, accounting for 79.6% of the total. This month alone, 26 new smartphones hit the Chinese market. Out of this number, 11 models support 5G connectivity.

Chinese buyers prefer Chinese brands

In terms of brand composition, among the 28.676 million units shipped in July, Chinese mobile phone brands account for 90.3%. In addition, other brands globally account for the remaining 9.7%. The Chinese smartphone market is very competitive and non-Chinese companies are not so keen on this market.

Read Also:  Study Shows That The iPhone 14 Pro Max Has The Fastest 5G Internet Speed

From January to July, Chinese brand mobile phone shipments were 181 million units, accounting for 89.4% of mobile phone shipments during the same period. With the rise of Chinese mobile phones in the past two years, they have performed well in both appearance and performance. From the trend so far, it appears that Chinese mobile phone brands are now the first choice for Chinese manufacturers.

Although Apple’s iPhone 12 series is selling well in the Chinese market, it is far behind the Chinese mobile phone brands from the data point of view. Taking July as an example, the 9.7% for other brands includes both Samsung and Apple.

Despite the clampdown on Chinese brands (Huawei and ZTE) in the U.S., there has been no retaliation from the Chinese government. Many Chinese enthusiasts will like the latest development from China.

Source/VIA :
Previous Xiaomi Mi 11T To Launch As RedmiK40 Ultra In China, See Leaked Specs
Next Samsung 4nm process chip to debut at the end of this year