A few days ago, iQOO released its new flagship series, iQOO 8 series. This series includes iQOO 8 and iQOO 8 Pro. According to reports, this new series will commence its first official sales. Today, iQOO officially announced that iQOO 8 will officially commence sales tomorrow. The starting price of this smartphone is 3799 yuan ($585) for the 8GB + 128GB version.
In the core configuration, iQOO 8 uses a 6.56-inch AMOLED full screen with a resolution of 2376 × 1080. Under the hood, this flagship smartphone comes with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 flagship processor. In the camera department, it uses a 48MP main camera, 13MP ultra-wide-angle, and 13MP portrait lens. In the front, there is a 16MP selfie shooter. To keep its lights on, this device packs a 4350 mAh battery that supports 120W ultra-fast flash charging.
It is worth noting that iQOO 8 achieves an excellent visual effect. Ge Lan V, product manager of iQOO, pointed out that the iQOO 8 archives very narrow bezels on three sides. This according to him is very close to the excellent visual perception of a quad-bezeless design.
In order to make the sliding experience of this flexible straight screen more refreshing, designers and structural engineers have carefully designed the curvature of the edge of the glass cover, and every time the finger is drawn from the edge, it is extremely comfortable and elegant.
iQOO 8 specifications
- 6.56-inch (2376×1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.8:9 aspect ratio screen with HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, 1.07 billion colors, DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with OriginOS
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP camera with f/1.79 aperture, Sony IMX598 sensor, LED flash, Gimbal stabilization, 13MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 13MP portrait camera with f/2.46 aperture, 2x optical zoom, 20x digital zoom
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Hi-Fi audio
- Dimensions: 159.06x 75.14x 8.63mm/8.72mm;Weight: 199.9g (BMW Legendary) / 209.5g (Standard)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2,GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4350mAh (Typical) / 4240mAh (minimum) battery with 120W ultra-fast flash charging
The iQOO 8 comes in standard white, black, and the Legendary Edition with BMW stripes. All the models use AG glass finish the 8GB of RAM + 128GB storage option costs $585. In addition, the 12GB of RAM + 256GB of internal storage option costs $647. As of now, this flagship series will be available only in China. We do not have any information on a global launch for now.