In several markets, Motorola products are not very noticeable, but in the USA and Latin America the brand continues to work actively and its devices are bought there. The G-series includes the most popular models from Motorola and the company is actively expanding the lineup. The Moto G50 5G was unveiled today and is yet another version of the Moto G50 that debuted in March this year.
The main difference is in the hardware platform. The Snapdragon 480 was replaced by the Dimensity 700. And the fingerprint scanner migrated from the back to the side. There is also a 6.5-inch IPS screen with a 90Hz refresh rate and HD + diagonal.
The Moto G50 5G has a 5000 mAh battery, 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage, a triple rear 48 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP, an NFC module, a 3.5 mm headphone jack and 15 W fast charging technology. The smartphone runs on the Android 11 operating system with the Motorola My UX add-on.
For now, the Moto G50 5G will only be available in Australia for $ 289. When the smartphone will appear in other markets, it is not reported.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the original Motorola Moto G50.
Motorola Moto G50 specifications
- 6.5-inch HD+ (1600 x 720 Pixels) MaxVision 20:9 aspect ratio display with 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 480 8nm Mobile Platform (2GHz x 2+1.8GHz x 6 Kryo 540 CPUs) with Adreno 619 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 11
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, Quad Pixel technology, LED flash, 2MP depth, and 5MP macro cameras with f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Bottom-ported speaker with smart PA
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions:164.9 x 74.9 x 8.95 mm; Weight: 192g
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz|5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,000 mAh battery with 15W charging
The Moto G50 comes in Steel Grey and Aqua Green colors and costs around €249.99 (about $ 294).
it is worth mentioning that recently Motorola has released the Motorola Edge (2021) smartphone that costs $ 699. But at the start of sales, there will be a $ 200 discount. The design of the Motorola Edge (2021) is very similar to that of the Edge 20. The most noticeable difference is the larger chin under the display. A selfie camera in a round hole is located in the middle of the screen and the smartphone is available in only one color – dark blue.