We know that the first condition for obtaining root permissions and flashing into third-party ROMs is to unlock the Bootloader of Android phones. A Bootloader is a small program before the Android system starts to run, it is the first program that runs. The bootloader is the place where OEM manufacturers (Huawei, Xiaomi, Samsung, etc.) or operators lock and restrict. Once the Bootloader is locked, you cannot install other operating systems on the phone. According to recent reports, Samsung has adopted a series of measures to prohibit users from unlocking the Bootloader of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3.
As shown in the image above, there will be dire consequences if a user unlocks the bootloader. The image shows that an attempt to unlock the bootloader will give the user a prompt. The prompt reads that the camera will become inactive if the user proceeds. That’s not all, the smartphone will also not get any security update and the warranty service will be lost. So, if you do not care about any of these, you may attempt to unlock the bootloader of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3.
Samsung said that unlocking the bootloader will also cause abnormalities in mobile applications. In order to prevent third-party applications from accessing personal data without authorization, Samsung does not recommend that users unlock their phones.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 is a 2021 foldable smartphone that costs a fortune depending on who is buying it. The starting price of this device is $1799.99. Thus, it is not one that you will want to meddle with.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G specifications
- 7.6-inch (2208 x 1768 pixels) QXGA+ 22.5:18 Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display, 374ppi, 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 900 nits(HBM), 1200 nits(peak)
- 6.2-inch (2268 x 832 pixels) 24.5:9) HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Cover Display, 387ppi, 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 1000 nits(HBM), 1500 nits(peak), Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 12MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 2x optical zoom, up to 10x digital zoom, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, Super clear glass with Corning Gorilla Glass with DX
- 10MP cover front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 4MP Under display camera with f/1.8 aperture
- Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- Water resistant (IPX8)
- Dimensions Folded: 67.1 x 158.2 x 16.0mm(Hinge) ~ 14.4mm (Sagging), Unfolded: 128.1 x 158.2 x 6.4mm; Weight: 271g
- 5G SA/NSA, Sub6 / mmWave, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 6E (2.4/5GHz), HE160, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5.2 LE, Ultra Wide Band, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- 4400mAh battery with 25W wired and 10W wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, 4.5W reverse wireless charging