Back in April, Motorola officially unveiled the Moto G50 5G smartphone in China. This device comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 processor, and the price is 1,499 yuan ($231). Now, this device is now official outside China. The company’s first (outside China) launch of this device took place in Australia yesterday. The processor has been changed to the Dimensity 700 SoC. Furthermore, the company reduces the memory, camera, and charging speed.
In addition to the Dimensity 700 SoC, Moto G50 5G also comes with 4GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. Recall that the Chinese version has 8GB of RAM. Furthermore, this device uses a 5000 mAh battery that supports 15W charging. Again, the Chinese version uses a higher 20W charging capacity.
This entry-level smartphone comes with a 6.5-inch HD+ LCD screen and supports a 90Hz refresh rate. In the camera department, it has a triple rear camera setup. It comes with a 48MP main sensor, 2MP macro sensor, and another 2MP depth sensor, The Chinese version comes with the same camera setup only that the macro camera is 5MP. On the front, there is a 13MP selfie shooter.
Gizchina News of the week
In addition, the Moto G50 5G also comes with NFC as well as a side fingerprint sensor. The Chinese version comes with a rear fingerprint sensor. This device further supports a 3.5mm headphone jack, and it’s available in two colours including gray and green. One positive of this device is that it supports 5G. The Chinese version only supports 4G LTE.
Moto G50 5G specifications (Global Version)
- 6.5-inch HD+ (1600 x 720 Pixels) MaxVision 20:9 aspect ratio display with 90Hz refresh rate
- ARM Cortex-A76 cores at up to 2.2 GHz and six power-efficient Cortex-A55 cores at up to 2 GHz (Octa-Core with Heterogeneous Multi-Processing)
- 4GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 11
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, Quad Pixel technology, LED flash, 2MP depth, and 2MP macro cameras with f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Bottom-ported speaker with smart PA
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 164.9 x 74.9 x 8.95 mm; Weight: 192g
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- 5G, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz|5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,000 mAh battery with 15W charging
Price & Availability
As of now, this device is currently available for purchase in Australia. The price of this smartphone is 399 Australian dollars which translates to about $290. The global version is about $60 more expensive than the Chinese version probably because of its 5G compatibility. As of now, there is no information on the availability of this device outside Australia.