Recent information from Redmi’s official Weibo handle shows that the company is gearing up to release a new earbud. According to the Weibo post, this device is the Redmi Buds 3. This earbud comes with a semi-in-ear design and uses a “small square box” appearance. Overall, the design is similar to Apple’s AirPods. The Weibo post also reveals that this upcoming earbud will officially arrive on Monday (September 6th).
As of now, there is not much information regarding this device. However, we know ow that this device will be Redmi’s first semi-in-ear headphones. Furthermore, we also know that the name of this device will be Redmi Buds 3. Redmi claims that the device is comfortable and the small square box is exquisite. Redmi officials also stated that the Redmi Buds 3 true wireless headsets will also have some hard-core capabilities which are worth paying attention to.
According to popular Weibo leakster, @DCS, the Redmi Buds 3 will come with Qualcomm’s QCC3040 chip. This earbud will also support the low-latency Bluetooth 5.2 protocol. Qualcomm launched the QCC3040 chip last year. Compared with the previous QCC3020 chip, the QCC3040 chip supports low-latency game mode, monitor mode, APTX-ADAPTIVE, ANC active noise reduction, and seamless switching.
Redmi Buds 3 Pro is already on the market
Back in July, Redmi officially unveiled the Redmi Buds 3 Pro and this device comes with a $60 price tag. Redmi Buds 3 Pro has an oval appearance and a charging case, with a noise reduction depth of 35dB. The headset is equipped with a 9mm composite dynamic unit, three built-in microphones, supports the latest Bluetooth 5.2 protocol, and can achieve a low latency of 69ms. This helps the device to ensure that it delivers premium gaming effects.
Gizchina News of the week
The Redmi Buds 3 Pro headset has a battery life of 6 hours when the noise reduction mode is not active. If we add the battery box, the total battery life is 28 hours. Furthermore, this headset supports fast charging technology. After a user charge for 10 minutes, the user can get a music time of up to three hours (3 hours). In addition, the charging box also supports the Qi wireless charging standard.
Redmi AirDots 3 Pro specifications
- Bluetooth 5.2 connectivity with Dual device pairing, AAC codec
- 9mm drivers, tuned by Mi Audio Lab, 4 kinds of sound effects
- Active noise cancellation up to 35dB with High, Balanced and Mild modes and transparency mode
- 69ms Super Low Latency Gaming Mode
- Three microphone ENC which significantly reduces surrounding noise during a call
- Touch controls for music playback and launch voice assistant (Siri / Google Voice)
- Smart wear detection for autoplay and pause
- Headphones: 25.4×20.3×21.3mm; Weight: 4.9g (Each)
- Dimensions Case: 65x48x26mm; Weight: 55g
- Water resistant (IPX4)
- 35mAh battery on the headset offer 6 hours (3 hours with ANC) of battery life on a single charge (at 50% volume), 470mAh battery on the charging case offers 28 hours of backup, Qi Wireless Charging, 10 min charging offers 3h battery life