Recently, Samsung released the Galaxy Z Flip3 5G foldable smartphone. The shape of this device is basically the same as the previous generation. On the rear, this smartphone comes with a 1.9-inch external small screen. This external screen can display time, weather, music, notifications, and can also be used to take pictures. CarudiBu, a member of the XDA team discovered a vulnerability in the Galaxy Z Flip3 5G. This bug essentially makes the external screen run a GeckoView-based browser so that it can browse web pages and customize widgets. CarudiBu’s post pointed out that this vulnerability does not require ROOT, but Samsung Health needs to be uninstalled first.
It is also worth mentioning that although this vulnerability can be used to browse web pages on the external screen using custom widgets, it is not possible to access the on-screen keyboard or save the current session. If Samsung does not disable this vulnerability in subsequent updates, it should be able to unlock more ways to play.
Gizchina News of the week
The main display of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 is 6.7 inches and it comes with a 120Hz refresh rate. This foldable smartphone comes with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 flagship processor, 8GB of RAM, and 128GB/256GB of internal storage. The battery capacity is 3300 mAh and it supports Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, and a side fingerprint recognition. In addition, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 supports IPX8 waterproofing. In the camera department, we have a 12MP ultra wide-angle camera as well as a 12MP wide-angle camera. On the front, there is a 10MP shooter.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch FULL HD+ (2640 x 1080 pixels) 22:9 Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity Flex display with 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 425ppi, external/ cover 1.9-inch (260 x 512 pixels) Super AMOLED display with 302ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- SoC: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform
- RAM/ROM: 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- SIM: One eSIM and one Nano SIM
- Software: Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- Rear camera: 12MP (primary wide-angle) Super Speed dual pixel f/1.8 1.4μm Pixel Size + 12MP (ultra-wide) f/2.2 1.22μm Pixel Size; LED flash, HDR10+, OIS, Up to 8x digital zoom; Video: Up to 4K 60fps
- Front camera: 10MP with f/2.4 aperture
- Connectivity: 5G SA/NSA sub6 / mmWave, 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1 LE , ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS
- Water-resistant (IPX8)
- Audio: USB Type-C Audio, Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: Folded: 72.2×86.4×15.9~17.1mm,Unfolded: 166×72.2×6.9mm; Weight: 183 grams
- Battery: 3300mAh (Typical) battery with 15w fast charging, 10W Qi wireless charging, 4.5W reverse wireless charging