One important aspect to consider when purchasing a foldable smartphone is durability. The development of foldable devices is not really matured thus many foldable smartphones still have durability issues. However, a foldable smartphone is a “luxury” that many customers can afford. Nevertheless, the repair cost of foldable smartphones is another luxury that many may not be willing to pay. Today, Samsung’s website listed the repair cost of the Samsung Galaxy Fold3. Of course, these costs will apply if the device is out-of-warranty.
The website shows that the repair cost of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 internal screen is 4,420 yuan ($684). This is more expensive than many high-end Chinese flagship smartphones. The repair cost of the external screen costs 960 yuan ($148).
The Samsung Galaxy Fold3 costs 14,999 yuan and as such it gives users a reminder on the screen maintenance. This phone will remind the user when it turns on: “Do not remove the protective film on the main screen or paste an unauthorized protective film or sticker, otherwise the screen will be damaged.”
Gizchina News of the week
In addition, nails or pens should not touch the Galaxy Z Fold3 screen, otherwise, it may leave dents or scratches. More importantly, users should only use the official exclusive S Pen on the Galaxy Z Fold3. This accessory needs to be purchased separately. If an ordinary S Pen is used on the Fold3, it may damage the screen. All in all, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 should be carefully taken care of during use.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G specifications
- 7.6-inch (2208 x 1768 pixels) QXGA+ 22.5:18 Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display, 374ppi, 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 900 nits(HBM), 1200 nits(peak)
- 6.2-inch (2268 x 832 pixels) 24.5:9) HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Cover Display, 387ppi, 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 1000 nits(HBM), 1500 nits(peak), Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 12MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 2x optical zoom, up to 10x digital zoom, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, Super clear glass with Corning Gorilla Glass with DX
- 10MP cover front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 4MP Under display camera with f/1.8 aperture
- Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- Water resistant (IPX8)
- Dimensions Folded: 67.1 x 158.2 x 16.0mm(Hinge) ~ 14.4mm (Sagging), Unfolded: 128.1 x 158.2 x 6.4mm; Weight: 271g
- 5G SA/NSA, Sub6 / mmWave, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 6E (2.4/5GHz), HE160, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5.2 LE, Ultra Wide Band, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- 4400mAh battery with 25W wired and 10W wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, 4.5W reverse wireless charging