There are several reports that Xiaomi is deliberately understating the performance of Xiaomi 11 T Pro smartphone. Evidence of this was found by an Anandtech reporter while testing smartphones. In this way, the company tries to avoid excessive heating of the device and premature discharge.
Xiaomi 11T Pro shows signs of slowing down in order to reduce power consumption and to avoid overheating
As tests have shown, in standard or ordinary applications, Xiaomi 11T Pro works at full capacity until the smartphone gives out a warning about overheating. Xiaomi 11T does work at full power at maximum loads and does not give a message that the smartphone is overheating even when the temperature reaches 47°C.
Signs that the Xiaomi 11T Pro is dropping performance have been discovered during a run of the smartphone in the Genshin Impact game. He found that the device did not give out peak performance and the journalist was inclined to assume that all manipulations were aimed at preventing overheating. All this leads to the fact that the temperature of the smartphone does not exceed 37 ° C. The drop in power in resource-intensive games can be 45% and no signs of throttling are observed.
The guys at Anandtech condemn the forced power drop. They believe that such manipulations lead to the fact that the test results are distorted. In addition, the company must warn that mechanisms are in place that impose any restrictions.
Xiaomi 11T and 11T Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED screen with 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 800 nits (typ) / 1000 nits max brightness, Dolby Vision, MEMC, P3 wide color in Pro model, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- 11T – Up to 3GHz Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 1200- Ultra 6nm processor with ARM G77 MC9 GPU
- 11T Pro – Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 (LPDDR4X in 11T) RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with256GB UFS 3.1 storage (11T Pro only)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/1.52″ sensor, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP telemacro AF (3cm-7cm) camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos (11T Pro only), SOUND BY Harman Kardon (11T Pro only)
- Dimensions: 164.1×76.9×8.8mm; Weight: 203g (11) ; 204g (11T Pro)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (Typical) battery with 120W (11T Pro) /
67W (11T) Xiaomi HyperCharge