Meizu officially announced that the Meizu 18 series will push the Flyme 9.2 system update in full today. Users of this smartphone can find the update and download it in the settings. Meizu launched the Flyme 9.2 system update at the recent “Something” autumn conference. Flyme 9.2 uses a new system font that is more elegant and the symbols are more accurate. Furthermore, the font supports stepless adjustment of thickness.
Also, the Flyme 9.2 update also redesigns the bright screen dynamic effect which is more delicate and flexible. The animation also slowly lights up from the brightest parts which clearly upgrades the appearance. This system also supports the creation of Alive wallpapers easily with a one-click triple connection.
In terms of functional upgrades, Flyme 9.2 brings a small window mode 3.5, the welt handle automatically fades, immerses, and changes colour. This reduces visual interference and optimizes the experience of floating small windows. It supports “Play on the screen”, you can continue to listen to the sound on the screen. This system also supports “Recently Used” which makes it easier to quickly find apps irrespective of their location.
Flyme 9.2 brings “Elderly Family Design”, which supports large fonts that take effect throughout the device. It also enlarges the click area, and follows the high-contrast colour mode designed by WCAG 2.1 for accessibility guidelines. The latest Flyme upgrade also brings a feature that is very perceptive in daily use-memory expansion. Compared with the mainstream solution, Flyme memory expansion can provide multiple expansion options according to the ROM size, and a 256GB ROM can achieve up to 7GB memory expansion.
Meizu 18 and 18 Pro specifications
- 6.2-inch (18) / 6.7-inch (18 Pro) (3200×1440 pixels) Quad HD+ 20:9 aspect ratio AMOLED HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nit (peak) / 420nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Flyme 9 based on Android 11
- Meizu 18 – 64MP rear camera with Sony IMX682 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.6 aperture, 7P lens, Ultra SMA OIS, LED flash, 16MP Samsung S5K3P9SX ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP telephoto camera with OmniVision OV08A10 sensor, f/2.4 aperture for 3x zoom
- Meizu 18 Pro – 50MP rear camera with Samsung S5KGN1 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.9 aperture, 7P lens, ring LED flash, 32MP Sony IMX616 1ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2cm macro, 8MP telephoto camera with OmniVision OV08A10 sensor, f/2.4 aperture for 3x zoom, 0.3MP ToF sensor with Samsung 33D, ƒ/1.4 aperture
- 18 – 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 18 Pro – 44MP front-facing camera with Samsung GH1 sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- 3D Sonic ultrasonic fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Dual (1216 linear + 1012) speakers
- 18 Dimensions: 152.4 x 69.2 x 8.18mm; Weight: 162g
- 18 Pro Dimensions: 162.5 x 73 x 8.1mm; Weight: 189g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6E 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (18) / 4500mAh (18 Pro) (Typical) battery with 36W Super mCharge fast charging in 18 / 40W Super mCharge fast charging wired and wireless with 10W reverse wireless charging in 18 Pro