Google released the Pixel 6 series a few days ago and this series is selling more than previous models. However, the Google Pixel 6 series is not without issues. Yesterday, a Twitter user @MarkSchrammVR shared a rare bug of Google Pixel 6 Pro. The image shows that the single punch-hole of the Pixel 6 Pro appears to have an abnormal extension. This makes the overall size of the center punch-hole larger. The bug does not exactly double the size of the punch-hole, it adds a semi-circle (half the size of the punch-hole) to the original punch-hole.
Unfortunately, there is no mention of a quick fix for this bug. The bug remains even after pulling down the notification bar and sliding up. Nothing seems to return the punch-hole to its original size. Whether it is opening the application or returning to the desktop, the abnormal punch-hole will not disappear automatically.
Thankfully, the user @MarkSchrammVR got a swift relief as he got a swap the same day. He accidentally ran into a Google rep in the store he got the device and this made the swap really easy. However, it appears that this is not a common issue with the Google Pixel 6 Pro. This issue is not a display damage because poking it does not make it bleed or warp.
Gizchina News of the week
Google Pixel 6 Pro bug causes screen flickers
In addition, a more common bug on the Google Pixel 6 Pro is screen flickering. According to reports, when the Google Pixel 6 Pro is off, short pressing the power button will cause a flickering screen. This issue is more widespread as there have been a couple of reports on it.
This issue is most likely a bug with the Android 12 system on the Google Pixel 6 Pro. Google is still developing this system thus users of Android 12 will experience some bugs. The possibility of new bugs will not be ruled out in the future. It is expected that Google will fix it in a subsequent update.
Google Pixel 6 Pro specifications
- 6.7-inch (3120 x 1440 pixels) curved pOLED LTPO display with 10Hz-120Hz adaptive refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Google Tensor processor (2x 2.80GHz Cortex-X1 + 2 x 2.25GHz Cortex-A76 + 4 x 1.80GHz Cortex-A55) with 848MHz Mali-G78 MP20 GPU, Titan M2 security chip
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128GB / 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 12
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 50MP rear camera with Samsung GN1 sensor, f/1.85 aperture, 12MP Ultra-wide camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 48MP telephoto camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, ƒ/3.5 aperture, 4X optical zoom, 4K video recording at up to 60fps
- 11MP front camera with Sony IMX663 sensor, ƒ/2.2 aperture, 94° field-of-view, 4K video recording at up to 60fps
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 163.9×75.9×8.9 mm; Weight: 210g
- Dust and Water-resistant (IP68)
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, 3 microphones
- 5G SA/NA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, ultra-wideband (UWB), GPS, USB Type C 3.1 (1st Gen), NFC
- 5000mAh battery with 30W wired fast charging, 23W wireless charging