Over the years, since the Redmi Note 7 series back in 2019, the Note series sales have been quite impressive. The company recently released its latest smartphones, Redmi Note 11, Redmi Note 11 Pro, and Redmi Note 11 Pro+. At the launch event, Redmi General Manager, Lu Weibing revealed that the global sales of the Redmi Note series have exceeded 240 million units. In May of this year, Xiaomi announced that the global sales of the Redmi Note series exceeded 200 million. This means that the series sold another 40 million units in five months, an average of 8 million units per month. Today, Lu Weibing gave the latest information regarding its 2020 Redmi Note 9 series.
Gizchina News of the week
According to him, after the Chinese 11.11 sales, the company will discontinue the Redmi Note 9 series. Lu Weibing said that the last three generations have performed very well in the market. After discontinuing the Redmi Note 9 series, the Redmi Note 10 series and Note 11 series will sell together in the future.
The Redmi Note 9 series was officially released in November 2020. The Note 9 Pro uses the 108MP camera for the first time. This is the industry’s first 108MP smartphone in the 1000 yuan ($150 – $300) price range. The camera department of this series is also very impressive. The Redmi Note 9 Pro launched the 108MP Samsung HM2 sensor with a 1/1.52 inch outsole, supports 9-in-1 pixel fusion technology and dual native ISO, with comes with good light intake and adjustment ability.
After nearly a year, the Redmi Note 9 series is still the best-selling model on JD.com Double 11 sales. However, this smartphone will be no more and the Redmi Note 10 and Note 11 will take over.
Redmi Note 9 Pro and Note 9 Pro Max specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) 20:9 Full HD+ LCD DotDisplay with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 720G 8nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.3GHz Kryo 465 A76 + Hexa 1.8GHz Kryo 465 A55 CPUs) with Adreno 618 GPU
- 6GB / 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 6GB / 8GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 11
- 64MP Samsung GW1 sensor with f/1.89 aperture in Redmi Note 9 Pro Max, (48MP Samsung ISOCELL GM2 with f/1.79 aperture in Note 9 Pro), PDAF, EIS, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens, 5MP 2cm macro lens, 2MP depth sensor, 4k 30 fps video recording
- 32MP (Pro Max) / 16MP (Pro) front camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, dual microphones
- Splash-proof (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 165.7×76.6×8.8mm; Weight: 209g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, VoWiFi, Bluetooth 5, GPS, NavIC, USB Type-C
- 5020mAh battery with 18W fast charging in Note 9 Pro and 33W fast charging in Pro Max