YouTuber, JerryRigEverything, released a durability test video on Google Pixel 6 Pro. The subtitle of this video reads “How much Plastic this time?” and this appears like a little teasing. In the Google Pixel 5, the company had to open a large hole in its metal rear so as to accommodate the wireless charging coil. Of course, Google covered the hole with a piece of resin. JerryRigEverything first checks the smartphone’s display against the Mohs hardness rating. The results show that Corning Gorilla Victus glass used on the screen appears at a Mohs hardness level of 6. This smartphone is susceptible to slight scratches.
Subsequently, the lens module protruding from the back of the mobile phone was tested. The hardness test was carried out on the rear camera lens module with a cutter. The test results showed that the flat part of the lens rear cover is made of glass. However, the bending area between the bodies is made of plastic.
After that, he tests the side frame, bottom frame, phone buttons, and SIM card tray of the Pixel 6 Pro. The above parts use an aluminum material. However, because an antenna (presumably a millimeter-wave antenna) is at the top frame, the top frame of the phone uses a plastic material. JerryRigEverything also conducted a burn test on the Pixel 6 Pro screen. After the burn test, the Google Pixel 6 Pro gets some scratches on the screen fingerprint reader region.
Gizchina News of the week
JerryRigEverything initially speculates that because the Pixel 6 Pro adopts a double-layer glass design, it may break directly during the free-hand bending. However, after the bending test, the Google Pixel 6 Pro retains its structural integrity.
Google Pixel 6 Pro specifications
- 6.7-inch (3120 x 1440 pixels) curved pOLED LTPO display with 10Hz-120Hz adaptive refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Google Tensor processor (2x 2.80GHz Cortex-X1 + 2 x 2.25GHz Cortex-A76 + 4 x 1.80GHz Cortex-A55) with 848MHz Mali-G78 MP20 GPU, Titan M2 security chip
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128GB / 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 12
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 50MP rear camera with Samsung GN1 sensor, f/1.85 aperture, 12MP Ultra-wide camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 48MP telephoto camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, ƒ/3.5 aperture, 4X optical zoom, 4K video recording at up to 60fps
- 11MP front camera with Sony IMX663 sensor, ƒ/2.2 aperture, 94° field-of-view, 4K video recording at up to 60fps
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 163.9×75.9×8.9 mm; Weight: 210g
- Dust and Water-resistant (IP68)
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, 3 microphones
- 5G SA/NA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, ultra-wideband (UWB), GPS, USB Type C 3.1 (1st Gen), NFC
- 5000mAh battery with 30W wired fast charging, 23W wireless charging