After the official launch of the iPhone 13 series, Apple added the iPhone 12 series to its Trade-In exchange program. Today, Apple updated the Apple Trade-In redemption program website, reducing the maximum discount amount for almost all redemption options in the United States. For the iPhone 12 Pro Max, the maximum discount amount is now $700, a decrease of $90. Apple will regularly adjust the price of the redemption program, and the current discount amounts on Apple’s US official website are as follows:
- iPhone 12 Pro Max – Up to $700, down from US$790
- iPhone 12 Pro – Up to $600, down from $$640
- Apple iPhone 12 -Up to $450, down from $530
- iPhone 12 mini – Up to $350, down from $400
- iPhone SE (2nd generation) – Up to $160, down from $170
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max – Up to $450, down from $500
- iPhone 11 Pro – Up to $400, down from $450
- iPhone 11 -Up to $300, down from $340
- Apple iPhone XS Max – Up to $280, down from $320
- iPhone XS – Up to $220, down from $240
- iPhone XR – Up to $200, down from $230
- Apple iPhone X – Up to $200 – No Changes
- iPhone 8 Plus – Up to $160, down from $180
- iPhone 8 – Up to $100, down from $110
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus – Up to $100, down from $110
- iPhone 7 – Up to $40, down from $50
- iPhone 6s Plus – Up to $50, down from $60
- Apple iPhone 6s – Up to $30 – No Changes
In contrast, Apple’s official website exchange program in China has not changed recently. The maximum pre-discount amounts for iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max are 2750 yuan ($430), 3100 yuan ($485), 4450 yuan ($696), and 5000 yuan ($782) respectively.
Best time to buy the iPhone 13
According to iPrice Group, studying the historical selling prices of previous models, the iPhone 13 (256GB) price will plummet by 7% by March 2022. This means that users will be able to get this device for $1012. This $73 price drop is a significant amount for potential buyers with a tight budget. iPrice Group came to this conclusion considering the price history of the iPhone X, XS, 11, and 12 series throughout the years. After 12 months, all of these devices had a price drop. While the iPhone 12 price dropped by 12%, the iPhone X, iPhone 11, and iPhone XS prices dropped by 10%, 7%, and 4% respectively.
In addition, the company also predicts that by this time next year this device will be on the shelf for $995. This means that it will be selling for $90 lower than its original price. Taking a look at the price drops, waiting for six months will give you a $73 discount. However, waiting for a year will get you $90. It is logical to wait for six months and get a $73 price cut. If you are lucky, you may stumble on a coupon that will further reduce the price. To wait for a year will not be worth it, not only because the price cut is relatively low, but because the iPhone 14 will be available at the time.