Over the past few weeks, there have been multiple reports regarding some issues with the iPhone 13. Just yesterday, users took to Reddit to complain about the signal disappearance on the Google Pixel 6. Now, there are reports that the Apple iPhone 13 is not immune to this issue. According to some netizens, they are willing to drop this device because of poor signal. The complaints show that the iPhone 13 signal is not as good as many Android flagships. Some users complain that they regularly lose signal which is annoying.
iPhone 13 signal test
Recently, @浪人TV carried out a test of the iPhone 13 signal using RSRP (Reference Signal Received Power). Generally speaking, the larger the RSRP value, the better. iPhone users can input (*3001#12345#*dial) on the dial interface. However, Android users can view RSRP in the status of their smartphone using the code. The test results show that the signal of the iPhone 13 is better than that of the iPhone 12. However, the gap is not so big. In the 4G environment, the signal of iPhone 13 is better in 10 out of 15 tests. For 5G network, 5 out of 7 tests, iPhone 13’s signal is better.
In the Unicom 4G environment, the dual-card signal of the iPhone 13 is better than the single-card. In the 5G environment, the single-card signal is better than the dual-card signal. There is not much difference in subjective experience, and single and dual cards have little effect.
Gizchina News of the week
In addition, in the area tested in Beijing, the signal of Unicom Card + iPhone 13 is the best. It is better than that of China Mobile and Telecom. However, the situation in each region is different, and we need to look at the signal performance of local operators. Relative to Android smartphones, the signal of the iPhone 13 is obviously at a disadvantage. In terms of subjective experience, Android has obvious advantages.
iPhone 13 specifications
- 6.1-inch (2532×1170 pixels) OLED 460ppi Super Retina XDR display, 800 nits brightness, up to 1200 nits brightness, HDR, True Tone, Ceramic Shield protection
- Six-Core A15 (2 performance and 4 efficiency cores) Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, 4‑core GPU, 16‑core Neural Engine
- 128GB, 256GB, 512GB storage options
- iOS 15
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, Sensor-shift optical image stabilisation for video, True Tone flash, HDR video recording with Dolby Vision at 4K 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 4K at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120fps
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- 146.7×71.5×7.65mm; Weight: 173grams
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, Ultra-Wideband chip for spatial awareness, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with MagSafe wireless charging, fast charging, up to 19 hours of video playback