Yesterday, Motorola offucually released the first Snapdragon 8 Gen1 smartphone, Moto Edge X30. In addition, the company also announced the running score of this device. On AnTuTu, the performance score of this flagship smartphone exceeds 1 million. Specifically, this smartphone’s score hits 1,061,361 points. This is officially the world’s first smartphone with a score exceeding 1 million on AnTuTu.
It is important to note that smartphone optimization plays a role in the AnTuTu score. Thus, it is possible that another smartphone with this chip will have a higher or lower score. A previous ANTuTu running points for the Snapdragon 8 Gen1 hits 1,025,215. This is a little lower than the current score from the Moto Edge X30.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen1 is a flagship processor that uses Samsung’s 4nm manufacturing process. It comes with a large core Cortex X2 clocking 3.0GHz. It also has three Cortex-A710 medium core (2.5GHz) as well as four Cortex-A510 small cores (1.8GHz). It also comes with ARM v9 architecture
The GPU also uses a new design architecture. The performance increases by 30% relative to the previous generation while the power consumption reduces by 25%. Also, the Vulkan running score has increased by 60%.
According to Motorola, the GPU performance of Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 can reach 267fps in GFX Manhattan 3.0, which is about 60% higher than the 169fps of Snapdragon 888.
As for the overall performance of the Snapdragon 8 Gen1, the running score of the Edge X30 announced by Moto is 1,061,361 points. This score is about 40,000 higher than the points tested before and about 25% higher than the Snapdragon 888 series.
Moto Edge X30 specifications
- 6.7-inch (2400×1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED 144Hz display, HDR10+, 10-bit colour, DCI-P3 colour space, up to 700 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 12 with MYUI 3.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP main camera with f/1.88 aperture, OV50A40 sensor, OIS, 50MP 114° ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, S5KJN1SQ03 sensor, 2.5cm macro option, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture, OV02B1B sensor
- 60MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, OV60A40 sensor, 4K video recording
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.56×75.95×8.49mm; Weight: 194g
- Splash resistant (IP52)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery, 68W TurboPower fast charging
Moto Edge X30 Availability
This smartphone is already on pre-order and the first outright sale will take place on December 15th. The price of this smartphone is as follows
- 8GB + 128GB – $ 501
- 8GB + 256GB – $ 533
- 12GB + 256GB – 3599 yuan
However, those who will purchase this device on December 15th will get a $30 discount. Thus, the starting price of this smartphone will be $471.