According to a recent report, Christopher Bryan, a resident of Colorado, USA, filed a class-action lawsuit against Apple on Wednesday, local time, accusing Apple of fraudulent marketing practices. The lawsuit claims that Apple is aware of the iPad mini 6 “jelly screen” defect but it still continues to sell the product. It is worth mentioning that, according to previous reports, in September last year, an Apple spokesperson responded to the iPad mini 6 “jelly screen” issue, saying that “this is a normal phenomenon for LCD screens”.
Shortly after the release of the iPad mini 6, some users found that when the device slides the page in portrait mode, the text scrolls unevenly. The scrolling speed of the text on the left lags significantly behind the text on the right. The lawsuit seeks compensation for all U.S. customers who bought the sixth-generation iPad mini, the report said. However, the amount of compensation is pending. The proposed class entity still needs to be certified before the class action can proceed.
So what is a “jelly screen”? Jelly screen refers to the inconsistent refresh of the left and right sides of the screen under the scrolling operation. This means when there is a distortion between the left and right sides of the display as it scrolls. Apparently, Apple did not inform the market that the iPad mini 6 has a jelly screen.
Despite Apple’s claim, many users believe that this is not an LCD issue as Apple claim. They believe that this problem is with the Apple iPad mini 6 itself.
Apple iPad Mini 6 specifications
- 8.3-inch (2266 x 1488 pixels) Retina display with P3 Color Gamut, 500 nits brightness, 326 PPI, True Tone display
- Six-Core A15 (2 performance and 4 efficiency cores) Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, 5‑core GPU, 16‑core Neural Engine
- 64GB/256GB variants
- iPadOS 15
- 12MP camera with f/1.8 aperture, 5P lens, Quad-LED True Tone flash
- 12MP 122° Ultra Wide front camera with f/2.4 aperture, Retina Flash
- Dual microphones for calls, Stereo speakers
- Touch ID
- Dimensions: 195.4x 134.8×6.3mm; Weight: 293g (WiFi) / 297g (5G)
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS with GLONASS, USB-C 3.1 Gen 1 (up to 5 Gbps)
- 19.3-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music
The iPad mini 6 is available in Pink, Starlight, Purple, and Space Grey colours. This tablet also has 64GB and 256GB internal storage options. Furthermore, it has both Wi-Fi and Cellular model models or a combination.