Xiaomi quietly launched a new version in the Redmi Note 11 series recently. According to reports, earlier today, the company added a new Redmi Note 11E to the best-selling Redmi Note 11 series. The Redmi Note 11E was launched on the Xiaomi Mall offering two configurations including 4GB+128GB and 6GB+128GB. The prices of these models are 1199 yuan ($190) and 1299 yuan ($206) respectively. The official shipment date for these smartphones is March 18th.
Compared with the Redmi Note 11, one of the biggest changes in the Redmi Note 11E is the replacement of the processor with the MediaTek Dimensity 700 (the Redmi Note 11 is the Dimensity 810). According to reports, the Dimensity 700 uses a 7nm process. The chip has an octa-core CPU architecture that includes two large-core A76 and six small-core A55. The highest frequency is 2.2GHz, 2.0GHz while for the graphics, it uses a Mali-G57 GPU. This smartphone further comes with LPDDR4x memory as well as UFS 2.2 internal storage.
In terms of screen, the Redmi Note 11E comes with a 6.58-inch FHD+ waterdrop screen that supports a 90Hz refresh. The display also supports a 240Hz touch sampling rate as well as a contrast ratio of 1500:1.
Gizchina News of the week
In terms of core configuration, the new phone has a built-in 5000 mAh large battery that supports 18W fast charging. In the camera department, this device comes with a 50-megapixel ultra-clear main camera. It also has a 2-megapixel depth-of-field lens that supports super night scenes, movie mode, HDR, etc. On the front, there is a 5-megapixel beauty lens.
In other respects, the Redmi Note 11E has three colors: Mysterious Black, Mint, and Ice Crystal Galaxy. It is pre-installed with MIUI 13 and supports a 3.5mm headphone jack, infrared remote control, and Type-C interface.
Redmi Note 11E specifications
- 6.58-inch (2408 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with up to 600 nits brightness, 90Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 11 with MIUI
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 2MP portrait sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP front camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 163.99×76.09×8.9mm; Weight: 200g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging
This is a decent mid-range smartphone with an attractive price tag.