Yesterday, Xiaomi officially released the successor of the world’s most beautiful smartphone, Xiaomi Civi 1S. Well, this device also passes as a very beautiful smartphone. While this device comes with a lot of improvements, it is surprising that it actually reduces its price. In all honesty, the starting price of this smartphone is “really low”. The Xiaomi Civi 1S starts at 2299 yuan ($353) (8GB + 128GB version). At this price, the starting price of the Civi 1S is 300 yuan ($43) lower than the Xiaomi Civi.
The upgrades on the Xiaomi Civi 1S are quite decent and you can read the details here. Specifically, Xiaomi Civi 1S upgrades to the Snapdragon 778G Plus processor. This chip is a higher version of the Snapdragon 778G. It adopts TSMC’s 6nm process and has a large core of Cortex A78 architecture. The maximum frequency can reach 2.5GHz while the GPU is Adreno 642L.
The second major upgrade is the Xiaomi Civi 1S’s world-first 4D light-chasing beauty technology, which can be called “beauty black technology”. Specifically, the Xiaomi Civi 1S 4D light chasing beauty technology can achieve 270° face scanning, model key parts, and achieve game-level real-time rendering.
The third major upgrade is battery life. Xiaomi Civi 1S has more than ten power consumption optimization solutions, including balanced mode, dynamic refresh rate adjustment, low-power switching of call network latency, low-power web browsing, etc. Compared with the previous generation of Xiaomi Civi, the battery life of 1.15 days has been raised again, reaching 1.18 days.
In terms of core configuration, the Civi 1S uses a 6.55-inch OLED flexible micro-curved screen, with a front-facing 32-megapixel camera and a rear-mounted 64-megapixel AI triple camera. The battery capacity is 4500 mAh and supports 55W wired flash charging.
Xiaomi Civi 1S specifications
- 6.55-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 10-bit 3D flexible OLED screen with 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, up to 950nits brightness, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, DCI-P3 color gamut, 0.32 JNCD, 0.36 DeltaE, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (4 x 2.5GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 670 CPUs) Snapdragon 778G+ 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 642L GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.2) storage / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.2) storage
- Android 12 with MIUI 13
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED Flash, 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP autofocus front camera with f/2.4 aperture, dual soft LED flash
- In-display fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Hi-res audio
- Dimensions: 158.34×71.5x 6.98mm; Weight: 166g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/NavIC, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh (typical) battery with 55W fast charging