Due to various factors bothering around poor sales, Apple will cut the production of the iPhone SE in the second quarter by 20%. Furthermore, the production of the iPhone 13 will also decline. Nevertheless, the production of the iPhone 13 Pro series will increase by 10 million units. The iPhone 13 Pro will increase its production from 1 million to about 7 million. In addition, the iPhone 13 Pro Max will increase its production from 3 million to about 6 million. This means that the Pro series will add about 10 million units.
Industry insiders speculate that it may be that the Pro and Pro Max versions are not enough relative to the basic version. Thus, Apple plans to increase the production of the Pro series. In terms of iPhone sales in the first quarter, the iPhone 13 accounts for 38% of Apple’s total iPhone sales. The iPhone 13 Pro and Max versions were also quite impressive, accounting for about 30% of Apple’s total iPhone sales.
At present, Apple may only increase the production of the iPhone 13 Pro series in preparation for the upcoming iPhone 14 series. After all, the Pro version can be used for a longer time without being eliminated.
Apple iPhone 13 Pro series specifications
- iPhone 13 Pro- 6.1-inch (2532×1170 pixels) OLED 460ppi Super Retina XDR display with ProMotion with adaptive refresh rates up to 120Hz, 1000 nits brightness, up to 1200 nits brightness, HDR, Ceramic Shield protection
- iPhone 13 Pro Max -6.7-inch (2778×1284 pixels) OLED 458ppi Super Retina XDR display with ProMotion with adaptive refresh rates up to 120Hz, 1000 nits brightness, up to 1200 nits brightness, Ceramic Shield protection
- Six-Core A15 (2 performance and 4 efficiency cores) Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, 5‑core GPU, 16‑core Neural Engine
- 128GB,256GB, 512GB and 1TB storage options
- iOS 15
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.5) camera, 7P lens, Sensor‑shift optical image stabilisation, True Tone flash, HDR video recording with Dolby Vision at 4K 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/1.8) camera, 5P lens, 12MP Telephoto camera with f/2.8 aperture with 3x optical zoom for a total 6x optical zoom range, Night mode portraits enabled by LiDAR Scanner
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120fps
- iPhone 13 Pro dimensions: 146.7 ×71.5×7.65mm; Weight: 203grams
- iPhone 13 Pro Max dimensions: 160.8 ×78.1×7.65mm; Weight: 238grams
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, Ultra Wideband chip for spatial awareness, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with MagSafe wireless charging, fast charging, up to 22 hours (iPhone 13 Pro) / 28 hours (iPhone 13 Pro Max) of video playback