In March, the Realme 9 5G smartphone debuted for the Asian market. As network sources now report, a version of the device with other technical characteristics is being prepared for Europe.
The existing Realme 9 5G model is equipped with a 6.5-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080 × 2400 pixels and a refresh rate of 90Hz. A MediaTek MT6833P Dimensity 810 processor with eight cores, a Mali-G57 MC2 accelerator and a 5G modem is involved. There is a 16-megapixel camera on the front, and a triple camera in the configuration of 48 + 2 + 2 megapixels on the back.
The European variant of the Realme 9 5G will feature Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 695 chip. It combines eight Kryo 660 processing cores with a clock speed of up to 2.2 GHz, an Adreno 619 graphics accelerator and a Snapdragon X51 5G cellular modem.
The screen size will grow to 6.6 inches diagonally, refresh rate up to 120 Hz. The panel resolution will be 1080 × 2412 pixels.
We are talking about the presence of a triple main camera, which will combine a 50-megapixel sensor, a 2-megapixel macro unit and a 2-megapixel sensor for collecting information about the depth of the scene. The resolution of the selfie camera is 16 megapixels.
Realme 9 5G European version will arrive with different specifications
The smartphone will receive 4 GB of RAM and a flash drive with a capacity of 64/128 GB. Power will be provided by a 5000 mAh battery with 18-watt charging. The price will be from 200 to 300 euros.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the current Realme 9 5G smartphone for comparison.
realme 9 5G specifications
- 6.5-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with up to 600 nits brightness, 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 810 6nm processor (Dual 2.4GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 4GB GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.2) storage / 6GB GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 11 with realme UI 2.0
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 2MP B&W and 2MP 4cm macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.1 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 162.5×74.8×8.5mm; Weight: 188g
- 5G SA/ NSA (N1/N28A/N41/N77/N28), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 18W Dart Charge fast charging
According to Canalys, in the first quarter, Realme‘s sales rose from 4.3 million to 6 million over the year in the Indian market, while Samsung’s sales fell from 7 million to 6.9 million. As a result, the former has 16% of the market, while the latter now has 18% of the market. Xiaomi, with its 8 million smartphones sold, holds 21%, although a year earlier it sold 10.5 million devices, so in fact Xiaomi’s sales decline is much larger than Samsung’s. Also in the top five players are Vivo and Oppo with 5.7 and 4.6 million smartphones sold in the quarter.