In just a few years, TikTok has taken a place on the table of the most popular social networks. And it was not easy given the very competitive environment of this market. TikTok recently passed the one billion active user mark worldwide.
This figure continues to climb rapidly knowing that the platform made more than 600 million downloads in 2021. If you find yourself trapped in the endless scrolling of videos on TikTok and you want a way out, it is entirely possible to delete your account.
Before showing you how to delete your TikTok account, a few important details should be cleared up. Your account is not immediately deleted, but will be deactivated first. However, it behaves as if it had been deleted.
In other words, none of your followers or other users will be able to access your profile or your videos. Your page therefore becomes non-existent. You then have 30 days to reconsider your decision.
You will need to log in again, as if nothing had happened. But after the one-month period, TikTok permanently deletes your account and it will be impossible to go back. After this clarification, let’s see how to proceed to delete the account.
Gizchina News of the week
DELETE YOUR TIKTOK ACCOUNT FROM THE MOBILE APPLICATION
- Open TikTok on your smartphone
- Go to the Profile menu at the bottom right
- Tap the three-dash icon in the top right
- Click on Settings and Privacy
- Go to Manage Account > Delete Account.
TikTok recommends that you first make a backup of your data. Indeed, all videos and content posted on your account will be lost. If you wish to consult them in the future, it will therefore be necessary to download, before deleting your account, a copy of your data.
- To proceed with the deletion, select the checkbox and press the Continue button
- Then comes the fateful step. After knowing what you are risking by deleting the account, tap on the continue button at the bottom
- To definitively confirm your choice, TikTok asks you to fill in your login details to verify that you are indeed the owner of the account
- Tap Delete account
DELETE YOUR TIKTOK ACCOUNT FROM THE WEB VERSION
- Go to the TikTok.com page from your web browser
- Hover over your profile icon at the very top right
- Click Settings
- In the Manage Account menu, click the Delete button to the right of the Delete Account text
- Follow the given steps and complete the removal by providing your login details
Finally, be aware that some information about you may continue to exist on TikTok. For example, messages exchanged with other users will still be visible in their discussion thread.