Not long ago, the world’s first “5G communication case” that can transform 4G to 5G in seconds through eSIM technology was officially released. The first smartphone to support this technology is the Huawei P50 Pro. The “5G communication case” costs 799 yuan ($120). This morning, China Unicom officially announced the first release of this 5G communication shell. The presale will commence on June 10 and the first official sales will be on June 17. The Chinese carrier wrote in its official announcement: “Let Huawei P50 Pro enjoy Unicom’s 5G Gigabit network”. According to a recent report, the Huawei Mate 50 series will support 5G out of the box.
In addition, during the listing event, if you purchase a 5G communication case and activate the Unicom eSIM, you can also enjoy a discount on the eSIM service fee. This 5G communication case is developed and produced by Digital Source Technology. It weighs about 52g and is about 3.2mm thick. It is made of light gray color matching and skin-friendly leather material.
Gizchina News of the week
In terms of core configuration, the 5G communication shell comes with a dual-core 1.35GHz CPU. It covers three major operators, supporting dual-mode 5G SA/NSA frequency bands, and a USB Type-C charging port at the bottom. This case also supports super-fast charging.
In terms of usage, after installing on the smartphone, a pop-up window will automatically guide you. Users can use 5G after opening the China Unicom eSIM service. At the same time, the eSIM network signal of the main card of the mobile phone and the “5G communication shell” will display in the mobile phone signal bar. This will not cause trouble for the two network signals.
Huawei P50 Pro specifications
- 6.6-inch (2700 x 1224 Pixels) FHD+ curved OLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, 300Hz touch sampling rate, P3 colour gamut, up to 1.07 billion colours
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 4G 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU / HUAWEI Kirin 9000 4G (1 x Cortex-A77 3.13 GHz + 3 x Cortex-A77 2.54 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 2.05 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G78 MP24 GPU,Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs (Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB RAM with 128GB /256GB / 512GB storage, 12GB RAM with 512GB storage
- HarmonyOS 2
- Dual SIM
- 50MP True-Chroma Camera with f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 40 MP True-Chrome Mono Camera with f/1.6 aperture, 13MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 64MP telephoto camera with 90mm focal length(3.9x magnification), digital zoom up to 2,700mm focal length (up to 200x), OIS, f/3.5 aperture, LED flash
- 13MP 100° autofocus front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo Speakers
- Dimensions: 158.8 ×72.8 ×8.5mm; Weight: 195g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE,GPS (L1 + L5 Dual band), NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4360mAh (typical) battery with 66W HUAWEI SuperCharge wired fast charging, 50W HUAWEI SuperCharge wireless fast charging