Huawei Mate 50 Pro, one of the most anticipated phones of 2022 is finally here. Usually, Huawei releases a new version of this flagship device every year. But the story was different last year. The other brother of the Mate series, the P50 pro was announced but unfortunately the mate 50 series didn’t go as planned.
Despite the bullies and accusations from the United States government. I still find it quite interesting how Huawei is still surviving. As a matter of fact, they are gradually on the rise and keeping up with their innovations.
Yesterday, 6th of September was the set date for the release of their latest flagship phone, the Huawei Mate 50 Pro and they sure did. As usual, the phone came with a lot of features and flagship specifications.
The Huawei Mate 50 Pro is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4G), 4,700mAh battery, 66W Huawei Super Fast charger. 50W wireless charging and 5W reverse wireless charging.
It has dual 13MP front cameras which supports up to 4k 60 Frames per second video recording. On the flip side, you find a triple camera setup with 50MP main sensor, 64MP Telephoto lens and 13MP ultrawide sensor. Of course there is a lot to talk about in this department but I will only talk about the most innovative features. I am trying to focus on the main subject of this article here.
During the launch event, Huawei touched on a number of new features and innovations in the Mate 50 Pro. Out of all the features, there are 5 of them that are worth talking about. Now let’s get going.
Top 5 Features Of The Huawei Mate 50 Pro
- XMage Camera technology : After Huawei parted ways with their camera partner Leica, they announced their own camera tech called XMage. According to Huawei, this new technology combines Light, device, electricity and computing to produce mind blowing photography. As you may already know, Huawei has lead the way in a lot of innovative camera features for some years now. So everyone knows of their capabilities when it comes to mobile phone camera prowess. A few snapshots we sited which were taken with the camera of the Mate 50 Pro clearly shows that Huawei has done something really cool with their camera.
- Variable Aperture: In a normal traditional cameras, there is something called variable aperture. What this does is that, it adjusts to allow certain amount of light to hit the camera lens. It expands more to take in more lights when there is low lighting condition around. When there is good lighting condition, it contracts automatically. This open and close adjustment helps produces the best image possible.
Gizchina News of the week
- 200x Zoom: You just can’t talking about mobile phone zooming and leave Huawei out. In 2019, Huawei set a new mobile phone camera standard for the rest to follow. I am talking about the Huawei P30 Pro’s 5x optical zoom here. There were other manufacturers doing good with cameras as far as zooming is concerned. But Huawei was exceptional in this category. Fast forward to 2022, the Mate 50 Pro is here with something even more. It features an independent 64MP camera with a whooping 200x zoom capability. knowing what Huawei is capable of, it will not come as much of a surprise if the Mate 50 Pro beats its competitors in terms of zooming.
First Ever Satellite Smartphone
- Satellite Communication: If you happen to be a traveler, you will know the importance of having a phone that can connect through satellite. In fact a lot of travelers travel around with a special satellite phone such as Thuraya Satellite phones. With the Huawei Mate 50 Pro, you don’t have to worry carrying a satellite phone around anymore. The Mate 50 Pro comes packed with a satellite connection out of the box. So if you get to a place where there is no network coverage, the mate 50 Pro has got your back.
- Emergency Mode: This new feature comes in very handy at a time when you are in desperate need of battery life. At times you may be in a situation where you really need your phone to at least give you 30 more minutes. So you can finish off something very important. While outside your home. But unfortunately you check your battery and realize that you only have about 2% left. You can imagine how frustrating it could be. This is where this new feature kicks in. According to Huawei, turning on the Emergency Mode can give you about 3 hours of battery life even if you only have 1% battery left.
There you have it, the Huawei Mate 50 Pro seems to cut across all directions. From charging speed, battery endurance, camera, display, you name it. This new beast did not leave anything behind. Again, it’s quite amazing how Huawei ccould put together a phone of this power despite the United States sanctions against them.
Prices, Colors And Availability Of The Huawei Mate 50 Pro
The Huawei mate 50 series are expected to go on sale by 28th of September at $980 for the Pro model. The RS Porsche Design edition is the most expensive one going for $1,868 (12GB RAM and 512GB storage). The basic Mate 50 also comes with a price of $780. In terms of colors, you have four different colors to choose from. You black, silver, purple and orange. The phone will come with Huawei’s in-house developed operating system HarmonyOS 3.0 out of the box. Huawei may have a massive decline in the international market. But they are not showing any signs of slowing down at the moment. So the Mate 50 series is expected to go on sale on the global market.