According to feedback from users, Sony has now started to push the Android 13 major version to some of its flagships. At the moment, at least three products that were released in 2021 are getting the upgrade. The three models include
- Xperia Pro-I (XQ-BE72) 61.2.F.0.147
- Xperia 1 III (XQ-BC72) 61.2.A.0.382
- Xperia 5 III (XQ-BQ72) 61.2.A.0.381
In early November this year, Sony announced that it would start pushing the Android 13 update to the Xperia 1 IV and Xperia 5 IV flagship models. The Sony Xperia 1 III comes with the Snapdragon 888 processor. It uses a 6.5-inch 21:9 4K HDR OLED screen and supports a 120Hz screen refresh rate. The starting price of this device is between 8499 yuan ($1219) to 9499 yuan ($1362). Sony Xperia 5 III is also equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor. This device comes with a 6.1-inch HDR OLED 21:9 120Hz high refresh screen. The initial starting price of this device is 6599 yuan.
Other mobile phones are getting Android 13
Samsung Galaxy A53 5G is now getting Android 13 / One UI 5.0
The Samsung Galaxy A53 5G Chinese version has recently begun to push the official version of Android 13 / One UI 5.0. This update brings some new features and improvements including visual design, smooth operation, better blur effects, custom lock screens and more. Samsung Galaxy A53 5G users can now install the Android 13 update on their mobile phones by going to Settings – Software Update and tapping Download and Install.
Samsung One UI 5.0 brings an innovative UI design, with expanded colour palette functions. It also makes simple the menu settings as well as the notification design. Samsung has improved all the built-in apps to add more functions and better UI design. The update also improves the phone’s performance, privacy, and security.
The Samsung Galaxy A53 5G comes with an Exynos 1280 chip and is built with a 5nm process. The phone also supports the RAM Plus function, which can add up to 8GB of virtual running memory. This device uses a 6.5-inch FHD+ resolution Super AMOLED display with a maximum brightness of 800nits. It also supports a 120Hz refresh rate. The Galaxy A53 measures 74.8 x 159.6 x 8.1 mm, weighs 189 grams, and supports IP67 waterproof and dustproof. The machine has a built-in 5000 mAh battery, supports 25W fast charging, and pre-installs One UI 4.1 on top of Android 12.
Asus Zenfone 9 now gets an Android 13 update
Asus Zenfone 9, a small display flagship mobile phone was officially released on July 28th. This device is now getting the new Android 13 update. The Asus Zenfone 9 comes with a 5.9-inch display and the starting price is about 5,500 yuan ($789). The Zenfone 9 is now upgrading to Android 13 and it is the first Asus mobile phone to get Android 13.
Gizchina News of the week
The Asus ZenFone 9 Android 13 system version number is 33.0804.2060.65. Users of this series can check for updates through Settings > System > System Update.
- Updates smart housekeeper, contacts, phone, emergency call, file management, computer, clock, gallery, weather, recording, settings, one-key switch, and local backup. It also upgrades other apps in the system.
- Adjusts to Android 13 quick setting panel, notification bar and volume panel style, new music player and sound output panel design
- The system adds a notification permission function. You can go to the app and notification settings to adjust the permission of each app.
- Adds automatic deletion and editor functions to the system clipboard
- Adds a QR code scanning option for the security and lock screen settings. It also adds a new option to control settings through unlocked devices
- System colour matching can be automatically switched according to the time
- Adjust vibration and haptic feedback strength settings. Also adjusts the display and font size settings, and the length and width of the system gesture navigation bar
- Set the lock screen number of the phone as the native mechanism. The phone and SMS will be synchronized
- Remove talk time settings from the phone
- Desktop and style settings add the theme colour option for the icon app. It also provides more colour combinations
- Add link l quick share function in ASUS desktop
- Adds System Preferences – a selection of commonly used personalized settings that allow users to apply them with one click
- Remove the calm and elegant style in the power button menu style setting. Also adds a display item management setting to control the number of buttons
- Adjusts the design of the dial pad and contact detail pages in the Phone app to clearly display more information
- WW-33.0804.2060.65 This software does not include JP version users and does not support NFC / FeliCa technology
- Some third-party software is not yet compatible with Android 13
- Occasionally (Teams) connect after making a video call, but cannot display your own screen
- (SkyLeap) The download prompt is not compatible.
- (NBA 2K Mobile Basketball Game) Download Not Compatible
- Occasionally the game crashes when playing Pokemon GO
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra receives Android 13 / One UI 5.0
From netizen’s feedback, Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Bank Chinese version is already getting the official version of Android 13 /OneUI 5. Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra users can now install the Android 13 update on their mobile phones by going to Settings – Software Update and tapping Download and Install.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra comes with a Snapdragon 865 Plus octa-core chip. This SoC was a flagship chip at the time this device was launched. On the rear, this device comes with a 108MP wide-angle lens, a 12MP ultra-wide-angle lens and a 12MP telephoto lens. It supports autofocus, 5x optical zoom, 50x super High-resolution zoom, laser AF sensor, OIS anti-shake and other functions. On the front, there is a 10MP shooter. This device also comes with a 4500 mAh capacity battery.